FRDM KL25Z doesnt work..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KL25Z doesnt work..

ankitparmar
Contributor I

hello ...i have been trying a demo code on my frdm kl25z board. So i loaded the program and disconnected the usb, then connected the battery. It worked. But after , when i connected the board to the pc to load another program , the green led did not glow and mcu heated up like in 5 sec only. So i disconnected. Now my board does not work and the mcu heats up everytime within  5-6 sec. Help me..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

razed11
Contributor V

You are saying that the MCU is too hot to touch? Even if it is noticeably warm I think you have a hardware problem. Inspect the board preferably with a microscope and look for damaged parts.

I'm not familiar with that board but are their jumpers for setting the power source?

Good luck,

Kenny

0 Kudos

ankitparmar
Contributor I

yes sir.. its a hardware prob.. may be something is shorted. Bt i am not able to debug the fault . The green indicator led doesnt work and the mcu gets too hot in few seconds only . what are the possible solutions.

0 Kudos

razed11
Contributor V

Hi Ankit,

I made basic suggestions. You should try those first.

The chip should not heat up. Your board is damaged, perhaps permanently, and it is very difficult to solve this on a forum especially if you do not have knowledge of hardware.

A possible solution is to buy another FRDM KL25Z.

Kenny

0 Kudos