Problem CODEWARRIOR + USB-TAP + MPC8349E-mitx-GP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem CODEWARRIOR + USB-TAP + MPC8349E-mitx-GP

medina
Contributor III
I am currently working on MPC8349E-mitx-GP board. I tried to change to the operating frequency with the code of the guide of user of the board (MPC8349EMITXGPUG page 26) but the system has not returned to start.
I have tried to reprogramar the flash with USB-TAP + Codewarrior following the instructions. I can erase the flash and program invalid data (not verify).

I have seen that the board has an EON memory and it isnt available in CodeWarrior.

Please HELP
Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

medina
Contributor III
I see this document but I don't know the algorithm to use with one memory EN29LV640H-90TCP (EON).

Regards
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I

It is true that there are some differences between the spec documentation of the board and the flash chip that is on the board but regarding the user they are compatible. Therefore I advise you to edit your 8349ITX_rev1._FLASH.xml file from CW 8.8 installation folder\bin\Plugins\Support\Flash_Programmer\EPPC\83xx directory that is specifying the algorithm too as in the attached screenshot and I hope everything will be OK (see the attached 8349ITX_rev1_FLASH_xml.JPG):

<flashconfwindow>

<membaseaddr>0xFF000000</membaseaddr>

<device>AM29LV128ML</device>

<organization>8Mx16x1</organization>

<flashstart>0xFF000000</flashstart>

<flashend>0xFFFFFFFF</flashend>

If still not working,  please log a service request here. Thank you.

0 Kudos

medina
Contributor III
My customers has proven version 8.8 beta with this board and he has not been able to program it.
I suppose that the memory that it physically (EON) has is not the one that indicates the manual (MX29LV640).

Regards

0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I

If you cannot find your device in the Flash Programmer list of the CodeWarrior Power Architecture 8.8 then you can choose a similar flash from the Flash configuration panel if available or you can add your flash type yourself to Flash Programmer.

There is an application note and easy to use Perl script on how to add your own flash devices to Flash Programmer. You can find them in:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/white_paper/CWFLASHPROWP.pdf

CodeWarrior PA installation folder\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\FlashProgrammer\flash_entrygen.pl

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

medina
Contributor III
I will notice to you when i obtains the new version of codewarrior.
Thanks for all.
0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I

This board is currently not supported in the Codewarrior Power Architecture 8.7. The support for this board will be added in the 8.8 version for which the work is in progress. Currently there is no any 8.8 beta version available for customers that contains the support for 8349E-mITXE board. Please check periodically with your Freescale provider when a CW PA 8.8 beta version with 8349E-mITXE support will be available for customers.

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Medina,

this board will be supported by the next release of CW PA v8.8.
The current release of CW PA 8.7 does NOT support this board.

Regards

0 Kudos