Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K21 Tower Kit not booting

Jump to solution
abbian
Contributor II

Hi All -

I am developing a K21 application.  My code will run fine if I download and debug from within the IAR debugger, but it will not boot on it's own. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
abbian
Contributor II

Hey Kan

I found the problem - the watchdog was not being disabled at startup.

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dan,

Would you please specify the tower board version? Is it the TWR-K21F120M? and it would be better that you could send your code for a review.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
B.R
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
abbian
Contributor II

Hi Kan -

I'm using the TWR-K21F120M.  My code is based on the gpio example in the tower sample code.  If I specify the 512KPflash linker file in the gpio project and download it using the Jlink the board will boot into the gpio code.  When I do the same with my code it hangs unless I start it in the debugger.

What is the best way to send you my code?

Dan

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dan,

That looks like a software issue, so you may attach your project here, and I will try to reproduce this issue with my TWR-K21F120M. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
B.R
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
abbian
Contributor II

Hey Kan

I found the problem - the watchdog was not being disabled at startup.

Dan

0 Kudos