cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About reboot of P1010 CPU

masaakiuno
Contributor I

Hallo

When rebooting P1010, hardware carries out the following.

1.P1010 asserts a HRESET_REQ signal.

2.If HRESET_REQ is asserted, HRESET_B will be asserted in a circuit and the signal will be inputted to P1010.

3.If a HRESET_B signal is asserted, P1010 will negate a HRESET_REQ signal.
It is above.

However, there was a case where it did not operate normally after reboot even if it performs the above.

I attach the file which showed timing.

I think that there is the cause when HRESET_B is asserted immediately, after HRESET_REQ is asserted.
Although regulation of the timing of a HRESET_REQ signal and HRESET_B considers not being written to a datasheet by it, is it right?
Are there any other factors?

Best Regards,

Masaaki

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Masaaki,

It seems that the attached document is empty.

Please refer to "Table 6. RESET initialization timing specifications" in "P1010 QorIQ Integrated Processor Hardware Specifications" from https://cache.freescale.com/secured/32bit/doc/data_sheet/P1010EC.pdf?__gda__=1409650708_96792ca92d95....

Please ensure that duration of the HRESET assertion initiated by the HRESET_REQ is not less than 600 us. Please note that HRESET_REQ is deasserted within two SYSCLKs after HRESET assertion, so for appropriate reset timing it shouldn't be directly connected to HRESET.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

masaakiuno
Contributor I

Dear Yiping Wang,

Couldn't the attached file be seen?

The attached file becomes a picture which is downward.

The pulse width of HRESET_B is secured 600μs or more.

Not having worked is a case where HRESET_B is asserted immediately, after HRESET_REQ is asserted.

Although I thought that I would not work if HRESET_B is immediately asserted after HRESET_REQ is asserted, how am I?

Best Regards,

Masaaki.Uno

About reboot of P1010.JPG.jpg

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Masaaki Uno,

HRESET_REQ will  be deasserted immediately after the HRESET assertion, there should be a duration time for HRESET_REQ. HRESET delay after HRESET_REQ assertion is not described in the specification, but system reset logic may postpone HRESET assertion.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos