Best way to document pin usage when using the Flexbus, K60-120/150

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to document pin usage when using the Flexbus, K60-120/150

Larry5335
Contributor IV

In Processor Expert or any other tool, what is the best way to define peripherals and generate something to document the pin-out of the device? Processor Expert does this fairly well, but not when Flexbus is added as MQX takes over the initialization and the correct pinout is no longer available in the Hardware Perspective of PEx.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gcary
Contributor III

I'd like to know how to list all of the pin assignments regardless of whether MQX is included or not.  I have a Processor Expert design that has all of the various functions muxed out, and I would like to have Processor Expert create a list of pin numbers with the selected function for each pin so that I can create a schematic symbol for PCB layout.  How do I do this in Processor Expert?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would recommend to use Solution Advisor tool, which provides pin mux checking function for Kinetis product.

More detailed info, please check below link:

Solution Advisor: Interactive Product Selecto|Freescale

About Flexbus application, there is an application note AN4393 about how to use Kinetis Flexbus module.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4393.pdf

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

Solution advisor is out of date.  It does not support the K24.  It Reports no TWR available  No Pin Muxing?! 

0 Kudos

gcary
Contributor III

Hi Ma,

Thank you for your suggestion of using Solution Advisor.  I have used it, but it has 2 shortcomings.  One is that it does not give you any flexibility in choosing the pins.  The other is that it often doesn't attempt pin muxing on some signals.  Since I am using a lot of the peripherals on the chip, I struggled to find a solution using Processor Expert.  But I did succeed and now I would like to print out a CSV file exactly like Solution Advisor does.  How do I do that?

Thanks and best regards,

Greg

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Greg,

I'm using doxygen to produce a table for my pin muxing, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/09/01/automatic-documentation-generation-doxygen-with-processor-expert/

Maybe this is useful for you too?

Erich

gcary
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thank you for the excellent suggestion!  It appears that eclox is packaged with the latest PE.  But unfortunately it didn't work for me. I was able to generate a lot of documentation, but the page of interest (your example page: https://mcuoneclipse.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/pin-allocationi-information.png) resulted in the following results:  "Pins model not supported for the selected target Processor".  My processor is the MK60FN1M0VLQ15.  On my index.html, the text for accessing that page is "page_pinalloc" instead of "Pins allocation" like it is on yours.  Maybe that is a clue.  Do you know if my processor is unsupported?  Or do I need to do something more to generate the data?

Thanks and regards,

Greg

0 Kudos