Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Problems MCU S12G48

Jump to solution
ock
Contributor II

Dear Freescale Community,

Im currently using the MCU S12G48 (32 PIN) for a university Project. After having some trouble, i was asking myself if the connections for programming the µC are right.

Right now it is connected as following:          -Reset                to VCC           (USB Multilink)

-VRH/VDDXRA    to VCC           (USB Multilink)

-VSSXA              to GND

-VSS                  to GND

-TEST                 to GND

-BGKD                to BGND        (USB Multilink)

Other pins are not connected.

Im using a PE USB Multilink Interface. When i connect the MCU via USB Multilink to my PC both (blue and yellow) LEDs are lighting. If i want to flash anything on the MCU an error message pops up, which says that the MCU is not connected.

Software: Codewarrior 5.9.0

I hope you can help me .

Sincerely ock

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ock
Contributor II

So i solved to the problem... maybe it will help some of you.

-create a new project

-select your microcontroller (s12g48) and your Connection

-Select your project parameters

-(add additional files)

-Processort Expert: select Processor Expert and press finish

Now you have to select your MCU -> select all.

Thats it now its flashing... When i was only selecting MC9S12G48VLC 32-pins LQFP  (the one i have) it didnt work.

After destroying 5 microcontroller (soldering, desoldering) it works now.

Onur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ock
Contributor II

So i solved to the problem... maybe it will help some of you.

-create a new project

-select your microcontroller (s12g48) and your Connection

-Select your project parameters

-(add additional files)

-Processort Expert: select Processor Expert and press finish

Now you have to select your MCU -> select all.

Thats it now its flashing... When i was only selecting MC9S12G48VLC 32-pins LQFP  (the one i have) it didnt work.

After destroying 5 microcontroller (soldering, desoldering) it works now.

Onur

0 Kudos
kleckerspur
Contributor III

Hi,

You may post the whole error message here or search in the internet for it (Strg+A and Strg + C is your friend, in messageboxes also).

A string is better. A screenshoot is sometimes deleted in this forum. It helps more to have an exact string.

In some way I have the same problems. I use the MCF52259x. This is not the same controller, I know,

but have a look on http://www.pemicro.com/ .

<<Pemircro>>

# They offer new or old firmware for the USB Multilink, drivers, tools and support. It could be possible you have to use a different firmware or drivers for the classic Codewarrior. (Codewarrior 5.9.0).

You can ask your question to pemicro also. First I had some problems with the registration using my company email address, but then I tried it with a private email-address.It worked. If pemicro dont answer you, call them by telefon.

# Also have a look on your *.exe files in your c:\pemicro folder. It seems this are old 16Bit windwos tools,

but some of them could help you get access to the controller.

But read the documentation carefully before you try something which may breaks your device.

# Have a look in the " PE4576 - Technical Summary for Multilink Universal Rev B and Multilink Universal FX Rev A.pdf ".

It should be in the pemicro-installation directory on your hdd or else have a look in the internet.

You need this document for your device. So it maybe has a different name or is somehow a bit changed.

For my controller I found a way to connect it.

<<Codewarrior >>

# If your toolchain uses *.lcf (linker script files) have a look there. A perfect guide is the AN4329.pdf.

The classic codewarrior, is different to the new one (10.x). You find different documentation at freescale.

They are somehow mixed at freescale. It is quiete horrible.

# In the codewarrior-folder on your hdd  are some dokumentation also.

# “An error occurred…”: Applied Debugging Rules :-)

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/02/23/an-error-occurred-applied-debugging-rules/

<<Hardware>>

# May a schematic of an evalboard would help:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-S12G240&nodeId=0162468636K100&fps...

Sometimes schematics are behind selfextracting-files (*.exe) it is freaky.

# Have a look to the current supply of your device.

If you have a lousy current-supply which does not suite to your device, this could be the problem.

# Check if you have values like "Delay after Reset...." or "BDM Debug Shift Freq.".

Have a look in the documentation, if it would be usefull to change this values.

# If nothing helps, you may use an oszilloskope and check clocksignals and other signals.

# Check if it is possible to secure your device.

I am not exactly sure but in my Controler "USER=SD Secure Device =0 " in *.cfp files of Pemicro seems to secure the device.

In my controler the JTAG_EN signal have to be changed to GND or to a positiv voltage to make this undone. A tiny tool called

unsecure_cf helps to unsecure the device. As you may recognize because of the _cf it seems to be for coldfire controllers. But

this tools may exist for your controller too. Have a look to Utility on the pemicro-website.

I can give you some advice only, because I am not familar to the controller you use, but I hope I could help you.

Chris

0 Kudos
ock
Contributor II

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate that! :smileyhappy:

Im going to try it out tomorrow and tell you if it works or not.

Onur

0 Kudos