KSDK support for K60_120

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK support for K60_120

vaderlost
Contributor II

I want to ask you if are planning to include K60_120M platform on KSDK?

- If yes, what is the release date?

- If not, which things I have to know to perform migration?

I seem to be possible a direct migration from K64F_120M´s to K60_120M, but an official version would be better.

The differences that I know between K60 and K64 are:

- K64 have more memory (up to 1Meg Flash / 260k RAM)

- K64 have no TSI

- K64 has no tamper

- K64 have CAN0 but not CAN1

thank you

7 Replies

terry_lv
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As I know, K60D512 will be supported in next official release. The date is planned to be December this year or early next year.

Hope this information can help you.

Thanks~~

Best regards

Terry

0 Kudos

vaderlost
Contributor II

Hi Rui,

When you say K60D512, are you refering to TWR-K60D100M board that use MK60DN512VMD10 MCU?

This is an K60_100, I´m asking for K60_120 support.

Thanks

best regards

Dario

0 Kudos

dmitriyc
Contributor III

Bump. Interested in the exact same thing. @vaderlost any luck with the migration? Any tips for attempting it?

@Alice_Yang : He knows what is supported, he is asking about future support plans. Specifically for the TWRK60F120M board.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello dmitriyc and Dario:

KSDK development is focused right now on new Kinetis devices. There will be support for legacy Kinetis MCUs, but this will have to wait, sorry for the inconvenience. The only information I have is that support for K60_120 is coming next year.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dmitriyc
Contributor III

Jorge,

Thank you for the info. At least now I know there's no sense in buying a perpetual (as opposed to yearly) license for CW if I only want to use Kinetis.Mostly, I just wanted to make sure that there will be support for the older boards. I understand why the new boards are the first priority.

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are welcome.

Just to be clear, my comment applies to KSDK libraries. KDS (Kinetis Design Studio) already supports older devices with Non-SDK projects, either bareboard or Processor Expert projects.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dario,

In the Kinetis KSDK1.0.0  Release Notes ,  this KSDK supports  TWR-K64F120M  and FRDM-K64F,   (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\doc\Kinetis SDK Release Notes.pdf)

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos