The USBTAP driver upgrade was not successful.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USBTAP driver upgrade was not successful.

Jump to solution
craigj
Contributor III

I'm trying to install codewarrior on my win7 64 PC, I recently posted getting some help regarding installing CW on another PC and got the following replies which were very helpful.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/329298

So that got us up on running on both Windows XP and Windows 7 which we needed.

However I've now tried to reproduce this setup on my own Windows7 64 development box. However it was not a success (it connected and talked to the tap but gave some other error which I now forget) but during this process I decided to uninstall and repeat my steps to make sure I took the correct patches etc etc.

However when I now try reinstall I get the following error....

14316_14316.jpgscreengrab.jpg

In addition the installation window has the following in it

14317_14317.jpgscreengrab.jpg

The same steps seem to have worked elsewhere so is this a 64 bit windows problem or is it something else...

thanks in advance

regards

Craig

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tou can try to follow the steps from ccs\drivers\ccs_drivers_installation_help.txt.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
craigj
Contributor III

Thanks Yiping for your advice, however I definitely did not have the device plugged in during this process.

I did however have another device plugged in, I wonder if perhaps that confused the installer somehow?

I'll try with absolutely nothing plugged in.

Thanks for your reply.

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tou can try to follow the steps from ccs\drivers\ccs_drivers_installation_help.txt.

Adrian

0 Kudos
craigj
Contributor III

Thanks Adrian

Followed the uninstall steps for the USB driver and all is well again, at least on the install front. Now I need to see if it'll talk to my target!! but that's another story.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Craig,

Please note don't plug in USB TAP during CodeWarrior 8.8 or any patch installation.

I think probably that is the cause.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos