Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Battery back-up (VBAT) used in MK70FN1M0VMJ12 for RTC

Jump to solution
puspamnayak
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to know do i need external logic circuit (OR circuitry) while switching from VDD to VBAT
(coin cell battery for RTC) and vice versa or

switching will happen internally between VDD to VBAT and VBAT to VDD depending on detection of
supply voltage VDD by internal logic in MK70FN1M0VMJ12

Kindly reply at earliest

Thanks and regards,

Puspam N

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
puspamnayak
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the clarification. This information will definitely going to help for the projects using freescale microcontroller.

Best and Warm Regards

Puspam Nayak

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
puspamnayak
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the clarification. This information will definitely going to help for the projects using freescale microcontroller.

Best and Warm Regards

Puspam Nayak

0 Kudos
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Achieved externally with a dual-schottky-diode device like BAT54C.

0 Kudos
puspamnayak
Contributor III

Thanks Earl. Information will help...

Thanks once again

Regards,

Puspam N

0 Kudos
egoodii
Senior Contributor III
0 Kudos
puspamnayak
Contributor III

Hi Earl,

Thanks for giving this valuable information and for sharing schematic for VBAT hardware connection.

I have a question on this, i am using two K70 micrcontroller on my board. One K70 will have RTC battery back-up using Coin cell and for other K70 we dont need power for RTC so in that case can i keep VBAT pin open or that has to be terminated to ground.

Kindly suggest on this query

Thanks and Regards,

Puspam N

0 Kudos
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you are not planning to use the RTC module then you can leave the VBAT pin floating; try to never access to the RTC registers to avoid bus faults and also the RTC clock gate in the SIM register should it remains in value 0.

Hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------