iMX28 EVK Board UART2 giving Unhandled Exception 520280

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX28 EVK Board UART2 giving Unhandled Exception 520280

mayanksharma
Contributor I

I have been trying to connect iMX28 EVK Board with a bluetooth module via UART port to only check if the communication is working. I found that the communication works when I connect to UART1 (Upper port). But when I connect to UART2 (Lower port), it gives a message "mxs-auart mxs-auart.1: Unhandled status 520280" and communication doesn't work. I searched in community but not able to find a solution. I haven't configured anything and working with default settings only.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have seen that this problem appears when the AUART is configured in non-dma mode.

Please make sure you have the UART in dma  mode. Pleas try to enable them in the kernel

CONFIG_MXS_AUART0_DMA_ENABLE

Please let us know if that helps.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

lategoodbye
Senior Contributor I

I assume you are using the Freescale BSP (Kernel 2.6.35).

Are both ports configured the same (setserial or stty)?

Please ignore the "unhandled status" these are only debug messages.

0 Kudos

ask
Contributor III

Hi Stefan,

I dont think so it is a debug message. Looks like some know issue in evk port??????

log is coming from the mxs_auart_irq_handle interrupt handler(drivers/serial/mxs-auart.c). Please have a look on post ttps://community.freescale.com/message/263651#263651.

0 Kudos

mayanksharma
Contributor I

Yes I am using the same BSP currently. Also, I checked using both stty & setserial, both the ports are configured exactly same at 9600 baud rate. But still ttySP0 works while ttySP1 doesn't.

0 Kudos