How to configure bootloader fnet122 to update firmware via tftp, without RS-232 terminal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure bootloader fnet122 to update firmware via tftp, without RS-232 terminal

Jump to solution
feraro
Contributor IV

Hello.

I have an application made with MQX and use fnet122 as bootloader. The problem is that I do not have a serial port to access the bootloader. I have read that there is a way in which the TFTP server is started automatically during the bootloader start-up in normal boot mode, but not how. Can someone help me ?.

Thank you very much

1 Solution
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando

The TFTP server, on the bootloader, is started automatically in "stop" mode.

You can also enable its automatic start in "script" mode, just by modification of the script.

If you do not have access to serial shell at all, you may access it via Telnet server, but it will increase the bootloader footprint size cause of enabling of TCP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando

The TFTP server, on the bootloader, is started automatically in "stop" mode.

You can also enable its automatic start in "script" mode, just by modification of the script.

If you do not have access to serial shell at all, you may access it via Telnet server, but it will increase the bootloader footprint size cause of enabling of TCP.

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando,

There is an Ethernet bootloader example available within MQX, you  can find it at the path <MQX_folder_install>/mqx/examples/bootloader. It uses TFTP to transfer a new firmware image over a network to program in memory.

In addition please check the below thread:

Flash swap example for IAR/MQX

I hope this helps :smileywink:
Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feraro
Contributor IV

Hello Soledad.

Thanks for your answer.
The path you specify me, I have two folders, "bootloader_vybrid_qspixip" and "bootloader_vybrid", I think that these examples do not correspond to what you say. I've looked in both MQX MQX 4.0 and 4.1. My application is made with MQX 3.7.

Best regards

0 Kudos