Can two projects be combined without the namespaces interfering?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two projects be combined without the namespaces interfering?

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

Can two projects be combined without the namespaces interfering?  I would like to have a single compile produce a hex file that contains both the DFU and application portions of the memory content without the two interfering.  The DFU only knows about the start address of the application, and the application doesn't know anything about the DFU.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marc:

Is this a Kinetis project?

Typically to merge two projects (bootloader + application) you can add the binary of one of them into the other project, using the linker file. Check the next threads which are related to your question:

- AN2295 Integration... a few questions (long thread, but check Kan_Li suggestions in the middle).

- Re: 2 separate programs on one processor (Bootloader- and Applicationcode) flashed with Open SDA.

I hope this helps.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

Thank you Jorge,

I looked through the threads that you pointed me to, and found some answers to old questions (How do I download my application without erasing the Flex NVM?).  I am using a K20 256 with processor expert and MQX Lite component, and would like to solve this problem without editing the Processor Expert generated files: i.e. ProcessorExpert.ld.  Is it possible to INCLUDE the binary from my "application" project in the "bootloader" project through the IDE versus editing the automatically generated files?  I am using the ARM GCC tool chain.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc:

Sorry, I don't think there is such an option in the IDE. The only methods I know for this are those I mentioned in the other thread.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

marcbunyard
Contributor IV

Thank you for your quick response.  I think I will opt for the solution that uses as much of the automated functionality as I can in hopes that the functionality will continue to improve.  The IDE is quite flexible, and it seems like it will become even more so.  I think combining the SRecords outside of the IDE, using the Simple Flash Utility (something I learned about in this thread) to download, and attaching to the project of interest makes the most use of the IDE.

0 Kudos