cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webserver MQX4.1.0.1 TWRK70F120M doesn't work

kappa74
Contributor IV

Good morning,

I use MQX4.1 patched 1 and CW10.4, the microcontroller is K70 and the hardware is the TWRK70F120M.

I want to test the webserver.

I changed  BSP_DEFAULT_MAX_MSGPOOLS in the file twrk70f120m.h from 2 to 5, as suggested in the demo "web_hvac".

I compiled all the library in debug mode. It is strange but I got some warning, see psp_warning.jpg.

I compiled the demo "web_hvac" before in SRAMData_Debug mode and then in DDRData_Debug mode.

I flshed the micro and then I started the demo "web_hvac" using the debugger.

The setting IP of the board is the default:IP=192.168.1.202 - mask=255.255.255.0.

The setting of the PC is: IP=192.168.1.100 - mask=255.255.255.0.

I connected directly the PC with the TWRK70 with an Ethernet cable which is OK.

I tried to communicate by Ethernet but:

- the "ping" command from DOS shell of the PC failed

- the webserver of TWRK70 didn't work, I tried with Mozila Firefox and with Google Chrome to ask the home page but there was no connection

The initialization of RTCS task is OK, I hadn't any error in the task (see "Task summary.jpg" and also viewed by the debugger step by step).

In conclusion the webserver is not working!!! There is no connection by Ethernet, even if it is the demo software and the hardware is the TWRK70.

Why? Can you say me which is the error?

Thank you

Best Regards

Mirko

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

kappa74
Contributor IV

Hi David and Daniel,

now the webserver it's working but in a jumper configuration different from what you said.

For the TWR-SER I put the jumper configuration as you said.

For the TWRK70 I shorted the pins 1-2-3 of J18 instead of the only pins 1-2 of J18.

If I short only pins 1-2 of J18, the software will be looped in function __pe_initialize_hardware.

Why?

The hardware of TWRK70 is SCH-27166 rev B1 so I think this is the TWRK70 Rev B.

Regards

Mirko

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

You are correct that the schematics are different from Rev B to Rev C.

I have Rev C board.

Glad you are up and running.

As mentioned in previous post the important point is getting the 50MHz clock from the TWR-SER card to the TWR-K70F120M primary elevator edge connector pin B24/CLKIN0.

Lastly it is important to ensure the tower cards are plugged into the elevators in correct orientation (primary edge to primary elevator).  I have made this mistake before and thankfully it doesn't smoke the boards but does make the system not work.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please check the following jumper settings

TWR-K70FN1M- Jump J18 on position 2-3-  processor clock taken from the TWR-SER board

TWR-SER   CLK_SEL  J2  3-4

TWR-SER  CLKIN_SEL J3  2-3 , processor clock is taken from PHY

TWR-SER  ETH-CONFIG J12 9-10 to select RMII  communication mode

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kappa74
Contributor IV

Hi Chen,

no the setting is wrong!

Now the software is looped in the function __pe_initialize_hardware at the following cicle:

while((MCG_S & MCG_S_IREFST_MASK) != 0x00U) { /* Check that the source of the FLL reference clock is the external reference clock. */

}

Maybe it doesn't found the source of reference clock with this setting.

So, I put the original jumper setting?

But in that way there is always the problem of  the webserver.

Best Regards

Mirko

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I tried web_hvac demo in K70F120 with MQX 4.1.0 (no patch),  the result is OK. so I guess it is the patch result in the bug

0 Kudos

kappa74
Contributor IV

I think that the problem is not the patch because I tried with MQX4.0.2 and I have the same problem.

Have you tested with your jumper configuration?

With that configuration my software was looped as I report before in the function __pe_initialize_hardware, so I had to return to the initial configuration:

- J18 1-2-3 shorted

- J2 all opened

- J3 1-2 shorted

- J12 all opened

with this jumper configuration the software is running, is all OK but it is not possible linking to the webserver using MQX4.0.2 and using MQX4.1.0.1.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Mirko

I tried this demo on MQX 4.1 (with patch), it can work too. I suggest check the firewall of your PC, your cable and other hardware.

Have a great day,
Daniel

0 Kudos

kappa74
Contributor IV
0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mirko,

I have tested the MQX4.1.1 update for the TWR-K70F120M and the web_hvac demo.

I set the BSP_DEFAULT_MAX_MSGPOOLS to 5 in user_config.h as well.

I am having no issues.

Per Daniel's suggestion of jumper settings, that usually affects the clock configuration code if jumpers are wrong.

By default the TWR-K70F120M card jumpers are setup for the card to operate by itself and not in the Tower kit with the TWR-SER card.

The MQX4.1.1/docs/MQX_Getting_Started.pdf has a chapter called "16 Board-specific Information Related to MQX".  Section 16.14 is for the TWR-K70F120M jumper settings.  Please verify you have configured per the PDF.

To enable Ethernet communication (use with TWR-SER):

• board Rev. B - TWR-K70F120M

• Jumper J18 on position 2-3 - processor clock taken from TWR primary elevator pin B24

• board Rev. C - TWR-K70F120M

• Jumper J18 On - Y1 Output Disabled - processor clock taken from TWR primary elevator pin B24

• TWR-SER - CLK_SEL 3-4

• TWR-SER - CLKIN-SEL 2-3 (processor clock is taken from PHY)

• TWR-SER - ETH-CONFIG J12 9-10 to select RMII communication mode

• Important: Plug both the processor and the serial board (TWR-SER) into the Tower. The processor is using the

external clock from the Ethernet PHY on the serial card.

With this configuration TWR-K70F120M  is running RMII and using the clock source from the respective TWR-SER card to clock both the Ethernet PHY and the MCU which synchronizes the clock domains.  If not setup this way the application might run but the Ethernet webserver would fail.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos