AN2295SW Archives, or otherwise modifying the "master" app?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2295SW Archives, or otherwise modifying the "master" app?

dougpaulsen
Contributor IV

The (in)famous AN2295 bootloader:  Is there an archive of the code versions?  For that matter, what is the latest version and how does one find it?

I have managed to locate some AN2295SW versions by combing for ZIP file links in community messages.  Out of these I have successfully implemented a Coldfire V1 bootloader under classic Codewarrior 6.3.  I would like to modify the PC side (or master) application that feeds the embedded bootloader.  The PC side application, however, is built using Microsoft's Visual Studio and using MFC.  Unfortunately, MFC is not supported in Microsoft's Visual Studio "Express" (aka free!) versions.  To modify the PC side application, one will need a fully paid up Visual Studio. 

Fortunately, I've got one!  What I'd like to do is find the last/most current AN2295sw that is compatible with VS 2008. 

I've managed to corral a version 9.1.59 which was build under VS2005 and I can therefore work with it.  I'd much prefer, however, to use the version 10.0.13 (the most current I've found and a much better interface than v9.1.59), but VS2008 gags on opening the V10.0.13's project solution.  Seems like there must be some releases between these two numbers, but I'm not have any luck finding them - hence my search for an archive.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Doug

Labels (1)
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the delay.

My colleagues were in vacation the last weeks.

See below their comments regarding this issue:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm spent some time to look for history of AN2295 but I didn't find any better version in VS2005 than customer have.

I also look at google if there is an option to downgrade VS version and the best advice what I found is the simplest one:

Easiest way is probably to create a new project in VS 2005, and use the add existing item dialog to add the code to the project.

I'd suggest using 'Empty Project' as the project type, so you don't have a lot of rubbish auto generated for you that you'll just delete anyway.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dougpaulsen
Contributor IV

Pascal:

Thank you for looking into this. I have gone ahead an modified the VS2005

version so that I can verify my embedded code. Fortunately, it will be

someone else's task to roll the functionality in to the user side

application, so I'm off the hook there.

Thanks!

Doug

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Pascal Irrle <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Doug,

This is just to inform you I've contacted colleague.

For tracking reason, this Thread is linked to the Service Request 1-2373622045.

I will keep you informed.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos