Eclipse TimeSys Linux Breakpoints - How to set?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse TimeSys Linux Breakpoints - How to set?

Jump to solution
jackblather
Senior Contributor I

I'm trying to do simultaneous debugging on the Vybrid's A5 and M4 cores.

The A5 core is running TimeSys Linux and the M4 core is running MQX.

I can set Breakpoints for MQX over CMSIS-DAP and all seems to be great. However.....

I cannot set breakpoints for the Linux side of things. I'm using the instructions found in Chapter Six of "Vybrid Getting Started Guide with Linux-MQX".

When I try to set a breakpoint in a Linux/Timesys C program, Eclipse tries to insert that breakpoint into the MQX debugging session instead! I found this out when I saw Eclipse switch to the MQX Debugging Session "Commands" console and then try to set a breakpoint by executing this command:

break -p "/home/..........":73

The MQX debugging session then print out a message indicating that:

No compilation unit matching "/home/.........." was found

When I try to set a Linux debugging session breakpoint when an MQX debugging session is not active, a greyed-out breakpoint indicator shows up in the left column next on the source line. The breakpoints window shows nothing.

However.....I can select "Run to Line" on the Linux side. I can also set breakpoints in the Disassembly view on the Linux side. I just can't set breakpoints in the C Linux source. Weird.

Anyone have any clue what I cannot set Linux breakpoints? I went through all the menus, etc and searched through the Freescale Community to no avail.

Thanks In Advance

Labels (4)
1 Solution
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jack,

What version of DS-5 are you using?

In the C/C++ Perspective, can you confirm you are using C/C++ breakpoints? Please see the attached screenshot (you can right click just to the left of the line numbers to get to this context menu).

We also have a document that shows how to build and debug a Hello World application using the TimeStorm plugins - are you able to do this?

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/how_to_create_and_debug_hello_world_in_timestorm

Thanks,

Timesys Support

View solution in original post

4 Replies
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jack,

What version of DS-5 are you using?

In the C/C++ Perspective, can you confirm you are using C/C++ breakpoints? Please see the attached screenshot (you can right click just to the left of the line numbers to get to this context menu).

We also have a document that shows how to build and debug a Hello World application using the TimeStorm plugins - are you able to do this?

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/how_to_create_and_debug_hello_world_in_timestorm

Thanks,

Timesys Support

jackblather
Senior Contributor I

Ah! That worked! Thanks!

What's the difference between the two different kinds of breakpoints?

The DS-5 I'm using is back at 5.16.0. I plan to upgrade, just not right now as I'm in the middle of a project and don't want to change anything that will break stuff.

Again, Thanks!

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jack,

There isn't a difference that I am aware of - it is just that DS-5 uses and defaults to a different type of breakpoint than the standard C/C++ breakpoints - which is not the most intuitive.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help with this case?

0 Kudos