Help with MK20DX256VLL7 msd mfs generic host example from USB 4.1.1 not recognizing USB drive?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with MK20DX256VLL7 msd mfs generic host example from USB 4.1.1 not recognizing USB drive?

Jump to solution
rhana
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been able to build the example project "MK20DX256VLL7_msd_mfs_generic_host" from USB 4.1.1 in codewarrior 10.6 and I can load it onto the board through the debugger. I am using the TWR-K20D72M. I have disconnected the TWR-ELEV and TWR-SER (so im just using it as stand alone.) Jumpers J16 1&2 and 5&6 are connected. J2 1&2  and also J20 1&2 are set.

There is no USB activity. A USB stick is plugged into the device and there is no illumination, there is no blinking of any kind, it appears as though the USB port is dead. Would this indicate the USB stick is incompatible? Do I need to try a couple other USB sticks until I find one that works?

Can you suggest how I would debug this?  What should I be looking at? Where should I start ?(the hardware looks fine, resistors are in the right places, power is being sent to the micro-AB connector.)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
rhana
Contributor III

Update

So I tried putting the TWR-SER board on. The Program will run until a Data-Stick is inserted. Next the debugger will break in "vectors.c" at the following line

void Cpu_Interrupt(void)

{

printf("\n\rISR is entered on vector number 0x%x\n\r", (*(volatile uint8_t*)(0xE000ED04)));

}

and it prints out the following message in Hyperterminal:

"ISR is entered on vector number 0x3"

Any clues on this?

0 Kudos
rhana
Contributor III
0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

Thank you very mcuh for your focus on Freescale Kinetis product. I'm glad to provide service for you.

I'm glad to learn that you had sloved your problem.

However If you have any furher questions, please feel free to contact with me.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos