AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Configure MC12311 Transceiver in Packet Mode?

Question asked by vahid elc86 on Aug 12, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 by George Peterson

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure the Freescale MC12311 sub-1 GHz Transceivers to work in packet mode. I have studied the datasheet and the reference manual several times, but I just don't understand how to set/configure the preamble, sync word, payload, etc.

To put it simply, I do the following procedure:

• Transmitter: enable the TX mode, enable packet mode, set Freq., BW, BitRate, etc. and finally write data to FIFO
  • Receiver: enable the RX mode, enable packet mode, set Freq., BW, BitRate, etc. and finally read data from FIFO

However, this doesn't work! The PacketSent interrupt flag sets successfully in the transmitter, however, the PayLoadReady interrupt flag in the receiver doesn't get set!

Nevertheless, I have already tested the device in continuous mode to send/receive stream data. The connection was successful, however, the range was limited to 30 meters, despite enabling the internal power amplifiers and increasing the RX sensitivity threshold. The circuit results in noisy signals over 30 meters, and I don't know why!

Anyway, I would be thankful if anybody helps me figure out the minimum necessary steps to configure the MC12311 transceiver to send/receive data in packet mode.

Your time and help would be highly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Outcomes