How to use the floating license with another computer which is not connected with my office server ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the floating license with another computer which is not connected with my office server ?

sivakumarananth
Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

I am using a floating license for using the MQX RTOS  with Code Warrior IDE. We have got the license for one year and still 8 months are available.

My Doubt is ,

• We are using the license by keeping it in the office server. The Clients are systems that are used by us for development.

• Now I need to use my codewarrior with license in my home for further development, when i am not in office.

• How to use the licensed version in my home without disturbing the one in office, FYI my home is connected with internet ?

Please provide me the procedure for accessing the license in my home ..

Regards,

Siva Kumar A

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kumar,

The Borrowing is a solution.

However if you can ping your server from your home you should be able to access the floating license too.

Probably you're using a VPN.

In this case you must add a port for the daemon too and access the license with the environment variable:

LM_LICENSE_FILE=port-daemon@host

An Example of license used:

SERVER my_server 000111111111  27000

VENDOR metrowks port=1063

Where:

27000 is the port of license.

1063 is the port for deamon.

Most of the time the floating license must be checked via the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

By default we used port@host which is

LM_LICENSE_FILE=27000@my_server

If this is not running (case of VPN) you can try the port-daemon@host which is:

LM_LICENSE_FILE=1063@my_server

In some case my_server can be used by the SERVER_IP address.

I know in some cases this solved the problem too.

So this could

1063@10.192.22.140 or 27000@10.192.22.140

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Siva Kumar A,

I suggest you use your license BORROW feature.

See attached document, section "FLEXlm using Borrowing"

Hope this helps!

================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "correct answer " button. thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos