Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C   runtime library error R6034

Jump to solution
matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi,

When i debug with KDS, i always have the following issue, but still can debug normally.

And the arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe can be found in the path: C:\Freescale\KDS_1.1.0\toolchain\bin.

13944_13944.pngpastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hmm, that looks very similar (actually, the same) as I have.

I think somehow a software on your system has installed an incompatible msvcr90.dll which is causing that problem.

So here is what you could check:

1. If you do not already have this, download and install the Process Explorer (Process Explorer) from the Windows Sysinternals

2. Start a debug session with KDS so that arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe to reproduce that that "Runtime Error! R6084" dialog.

3. Start the Process Explorer.

4. Enable DLLs for the lower pane view:
pastedImage_1.png

5. Locate and select arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe:

selected gdb.png

6. In the lower pane you should have several MSVCR*.dll you need to check

7. The MSVCR90.dll should be loaded from WinSxS

pastedImage_2.png

The other I have is from syswow64:

pastedImage_3.png

What I think is that one of these DLL's on your system are loaded from somewhere else?

Especially check for the one which is not loaded from WinSxS, and make a note of that path.

8. Close the debugging session, so that the gdb is not running any more. Now check that Dll for the KDS executable:

only ide.png

I guess one or the other points to a different path/tool (e.g. from your virus scanner, or any other utility).

That way you hopefully can identify the offending utility.

I guess that this offending utility has added the path to itself into your PATH system variable.

You could try if moving that offending utility path to the end of the PATH variable.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

that might be a problem like this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24988815/import-wx-failed-under-gdb-python-interface-r6034-an-app...

So it seems it cannot load/find a DLL/library correctly.

Can you try the dependency walker (Dependency Walker (depends.exe) Home Page) utility and check what DLL's are missing/not found?

It should produce an output something like this for C:\Freescale\KDS_1.1.0\toolchain\bin\arem-none-eabi-gdb.exe:

dependency walker.png

Erich

0 Kudos
matherinewang
Contributor III

Hello Erich, Thanks for your quick respose every time!

I open the arem-none-eabi-gdb.exe in Dependency Walker, it shows as below. Is it means cannot load/find DLL/library correctly?

For example GPSVC.dll, it shows error opening file and cannot find it, but i can saw GPSVC.dll in the path: C:\Windows\System32.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hmm, that looks very similar (actually, the same) as I have.

I think somehow a software on your system has installed an incompatible msvcr90.dll which is causing that problem.

So here is what you could check:

1. If you do not already have this, download and install the Process Explorer (Process Explorer) from the Windows Sysinternals

2. Start a debug session with KDS so that arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe to reproduce that that "Runtime Error! R6084" dialog.

3. Start the Process Explorer.

4. Enable DLLs for the lower pane view:
pastedImage_1.png

5. Locate and select arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe:

selected gdb.png

6. In the lower pane you should have several MSVCR*.dll you need to check

7. The MSVCR90.dll should be loaded from WinSxS

pastedImage_2.png

The other I have is from syswow64:

pastedImage_3.png

What I think is that one of these DLL's on your system are loaded from somewhere else?

Especially check for the one which is not loaded from WinSxS, and make a note of that path.

8. Close the debugging session, so that the gdb is not running any more. Now check that Dll for the KDS executable:

only ide.png

I guess one or the other points to a different path/tool (e.g. from your virus scanner, or any other utility).

That way you hopefully can identify the offending utility.

I guess that this offending utility has added the path to itself into your PATH system variable.

You could try if moving that offending utility path to the end of the PATH variable.

I hope this helps,

Erich

matherinewang
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

Thanks very very much, it solved my problem perfectly! I must salute to your professional and detail explaination. ^_^

0 Kudos