KSDK_1.0.0-Beta to KSDK_1.0.0 app migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK_1.0.0-Beta to KSDK_1.0.0 app migration

tim
Contributor I

Thanks to all for their efforts on the SDK.

I see lots of nice changes and look forward to digging into them.  I have been using the beta shell_test from the old apps folder and notice that it is missing from the demos folder in this release so I am looking for a path of least resistance for getting my heavily modified shell_test over to the new demos folder and using the new SDK.

I had assumed shell_test would be in this release so all my "mods" are in the form of includes and external modules so I could more easily leverage the new shell_test when the SDK was released.  That was the plan anyway.  So starting with the original shell_test and utilities I moved them from the beta/apps folder to the released demos folder and ran a make.  It wasn't pretty so I am asking anyone knowledgeable with the SDK what they think would be the easiest path of least resistance they see.

Thanks for any comments.

Tim

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

tim
Contributor I

.It would seem much has changed in the released SDK from the beta for the shell_test app, which is probably why they abandoned it.  I picked it back up today and have been slogging through the errors.  I added a bunch more commands so I am having to slog through many of the libs and fix my code to work with the released SDK.

It appears there were lots of changes in i2c and the clock so I have my work cut out.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim,

If you are using KDS it will be easy. Create a new KDS project and in the Wizard select to use KSDK. Then go to menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Linker > Miscelaneous and add  "ksdk_platform_lib.a" for the MCU you are using.

E.g. if you use K64  C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0\lib\ksdk_platform_lib\kds\K64F12\Debug

Finally just copy/add your source files to the new project.

In IAR is the same process but it is more complicated because an empty project does not contain the paths you need and the MCU configuration. You can copy the paths and settings from an existing project example.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos