Will you please release a KDS version for Mac OS X?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
intractablesubt
Contributor III

I run a complete gnu toolchain and eclipse natively under Mac OS X now and it's pretty similar to building one for Linux.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>>Will you please release a KDS version for Mac OS X?

yes.

This has been on the plan for another release towards the end of this year. BUT: this is still subject of planning, so there is not a committe date for this yet.

>>I run a complete gnu toolchain and eclipse natively under Mac OS X now and it's pretty similar to building one for Linux.

Agreed, unfortunately, to make a 'release' is not that simple (packaging, testing, etc). The challenges are typically with the run control (openOCD, Segger, J-Link) as they are not java, but native binaries.

All what I want to say is that yes, it is on our list, but it is not that simple as it might look like.

Erich

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>>Will you please release a KDS version for Mac OS X?

yes.

This has been on the plan for another release towards the end of this year. BUT: this is still subject of planning, so there is not a committe date for this yet.

>>I run a complete gnu toolchain and eclipse natively under Mac OS X now and it's pretty similar to building one for Linux.

Agreed, unfortunately, to make a 'release' is not that simple (packaging, testing, etc). The challenges are typically with the run control (openOCD, Segger, J-Link) as they are not java, but native binaries.

All what I want to say is that yes, it is on our list, but it is not that simple as it might look like.

Erich