AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rendering Problem of Android 4.2.2-1.1.0 Web Browser

Question asked by Kyu-Myoung Lee on Aug 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 by li yu

I had ported Android 4.2.2-1.1.0-ga to my custom board using i.MX6 Duallite and it looked like working well.

The board has HDMI 1080P output as first display and CVBS output as second display.

But I found that rendering result of web brower is broken in tiles like the photo below.

(The photo was taken after loading web page)

IMG_20140806_134324.jpg

The problem seems to occur very well at sites using javascript heavily, like maps.google.com.

I also found fast scoll makes it occur frequently.

I found others faced similar problem before but no answer(android 4.2.2 JB-1.1.0 Browser problem!)

First, I attempted to upgrade to new GPU software in Android jb4.2.2 GPU upgade with the latest 4.6.9p13 driver, but it didn't solve the problem.

When I tried to compare the result with Sabres SD(i.MX6Q), I found Sabre has the same problem.

Sabre was programmed with original 4.2.2-1.1.0 binary(SD card version) and was configured to use 1080P HDMI as first(only) display.

The problem ocurrs much less frequenlty than my board, when I scroll the google maps site very fast, it occurs from time to time.

The photo above was taken of HDMI output of Sabre SD when the problem occured.

I found no problem when using Firefox or Chrome instead of internal browser, which makes me think it might not be problem of GPU.

Because I found no meaningful message in logcat, I have no clue where I should start to fix the problem.

Outcomes