cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAU_LDD not available in Driver Suite 10.4

Jump to solution
williamely
Contributor IV

I have performed a clean install of the latest standalone driver suite and it is updated to the latest version. The CAU_LDD component is not available for either my K60F or K64 projects. I have used this component before in CodeWarrior but for some reason the bean isn't available in the standalone version. The driver is included in the lib\CAU folder but I have no option to enable it in my projects. Am I missing something?

The reason I am asking is because I'm trying to use PEx in an IAR project and I'm following BlackNight 's tutorial.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have been informed that CAU_LDD component is deprecated and there should be used Crypto Acceleration Unit: CAU and mmCAU library instead.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
williamely
Contributor IV

Here is what I have been using instead of the Processor Expert CAU component.

ctz/cifra · GitHub

I'm not affiliated with the CIFRA project.

All you need to do is modify the aes.c, sha1.c, and sha2.c files so that they call the mmcau library functions.

What I like best about CIFRA is that once you get the SHA1, SHA256, and AES functions working with the MMCAU hardware it is easy to do more complex things like HMAC and CMAC.

CIFRA handles the SHA padding and endian conversion for you and comes with unit tests so you can make sure the MMCAU is implemented properly.

CIFRA is in the public domain so there's no licensing cost. If you want to do cryptography but don't need SSL then CIFRA is worth looking into.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have been informed that CAU_LDD component is deprecated and there should be used Crypto Acceleration Unit: CAU and mmCAU library instead.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
williamely
Contributor IV

Is there a reason why this component was removed? Is there something wrong with the component library?

0 Kudos
williamely
Contributor IV

Thanks for the update Petr. The new library must have been published right after I posted my question. The CAU_LDD component is not an issue for me since it is mostly a wrapper for this library. I was mostly concerned with the fact that something that used to work was now broken.

0 Kudos