Is MQX Support worth it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MQX Support worth it?

williamely
Contributor IV

We're considering purchasing a package for one of our more complex projects. I don't know anyone who's used the MQX paid support so that's why I'm asking the community what their experience has been with this service.

I understand that the support doesn't include developing software. I mostly need it for configuring MQX and CodeWarrior to use all the features we want to integrate.

The community support has been pretty good but I want something that is obligated to give me answers to my questions in a timely manner.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi William,

Freescale MQX support is structured in a two-tier system with Level 1 and Level 2 support teams. The expertise of each team increases at each level.

Level-1 engineers are technical support professionals. While Level 1 is accessible to customers free of charge, it provides support limited to minimally-modified Freescale MQX software running on Freescale evaluation hardware only. To interact with Level 1 support, use the MQX online community and service requests.

Level-2 engineers are senior technical support professionals with advanced MQX software development experience. Level 2 supports MQX software customizations and troubleshooting of issues related to customer development projects. Level 2 is accessible directly by purchasing an MQX Level 2 support package.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

williamely
Contributor IV

We are considering a 100 hour package.

Note that the details you posted are different from those on the support site. http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX_SUPPORT

Which one is correct? I the details you posted are actually a better deal than what's listed on the Freescale site.

0 Kudos

macl
Senior Contributor I

Hi William,

The website is correct.  We updated the packages last month based on feedback.  Details and new support guide at http://www.freescale.com/mqx/support/ Soledad's info was from earlier before we made the updates.

We have received very positive feedback from customers using MQX commercial support.  We continue to add new customers every month and have had many repeat customers.

Here is some direct customer feedback we have received about their experience with MQX commercial support.

"It turned out to be a great decision,  we received excellent and timely support on a number of items, ranging from quick questions (“How would I do …”) to problems found (“MQX does something unexpected when this event happens”).  The premium support package saved us more than enough developer time to make up for the added cost.  [MQX Commercial Support] was able to help us with device drivers, MQX tasking, RTCS, and some higher level USB issues."

If you have any additional concerns or questions, please keep the thread going.  Also, I would be happy to speak to you on the phone.  Just let me know. 

Thanks,
Mac Lobdell

maclain.lobdell@freescale.com

Software & Tools Technical Marketing

Freescale Microcontrollers

0 Kudos