cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get CodeWarrior to create a phy file

julianrichards
Contributor I

I have taken over two projects :

One on a MC9S12A256BCFU which when makes it creates a phy file. and the other projet is on a MC9S12XDP512BCFV. They are both using the HC12 tools as far as I can tell.

The first project creates an abs, abs.phy and an a abs.19 fils where a the 2nd creates an abs, abs.glo and an abs.s19 file.

I've checked the target settings which look the same but now I'm stuck. Are there some option some where to turn the creation of phy files on??

Labels (1)
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian.

CodeWarrior generates logical (banked) S-Record format. However, all projects created with the project Wizard and built with CodeWarrior generates two S-Record files. One has an extension .s19 (the logical format) and one has an extension .phy. This file is physical linear format. Both files are generated at the same time with your .abs application file, typically in the "bin" folder. The .bbl file of your project contains the Burner script to create both .s19 and .phy file from the .abs file.

we can convert logical record file (.s19) to physical srecord file(.phy) with P&E log2phy utility.

You can download it in this url:

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=3

Hope this helps!

=======================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "correct answer " button. thanks!

Best Regards,

ZhangJun

julianrichards
Contributor I

Hello ZhangJun,

Thanks for the reply – it’s been very useful. I can see from the bbl file that the .phy file isn’t specified in the project where it’s not being created and is in the one that’s ok. I can also see from the bbl:  file one is creating logical s records and one global s records.

Extracts from both files:

---Missing phy -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* global s-record file */

OPENFILE "%ABS_FILE%.glo"

format = motorola

busWidth = 1

SRECORD=Sx

/* "EABI compliant encoded global" address to global */

len =    0x1800000

origin = 0x1000000

destination = 0

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

/* physical flash window to global */

len = 0x4000

destination = 0x7F8000

origin = 0x008000

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

/* logical non banked flash at $4000 and $C000 to global */

len = 0x4000

destination = 0x7F4000

origin = 0x004000

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

destination = 0x7FC000

origin = 0x00C000

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- phy included -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* logical s-record file */

OPENFILE "%ABS_FILE%.s19"

format=motorola

busWidth=1

origin=0

len=0x1000000

destination=0

SRECORD=Sx

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

CLOSE

/* physical s-record file */

OPENFILE "%ABS_FILE%.phy"

format = motorola

busWidth = 1

len = 0x4000

/* logical non banked flash at $4000 and $C000 to physical */

origin = 0x004000

destination = 0x0F8000

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

origin = 0x00C000

destination = 0x0FC000

SENDBYTE 1 "%ABS_FILE%"

/* physical FTS512K flash window to physical

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ll have a look through the target settings again to see if I can spot a difference.

Best regards

Julian

0 Kudos