Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K40 MQX SPI

Jump to solution
edsonsanchez
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working with the K40 tower and was able to build and debug the example SPI project in the MQX directory. I realize that this example is supposed to transfer data to an external memory device. I was hoping I would be able to see at least a clock signal on one of the SPI pins, but I don't. Am I supposed to see anything or do I have to do something before I can actually see a clock signal?

I was also hoping to be able to use this example project to later change the data sent out and the device I send to. Where would I make these changes?

Thanks!

Edson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edson,

you dont need special settings to see SPI clock. I was able to see this signal in oscilloscope, you can use the side expansion port connectors in the external side of TWR-ELEVATOR, many pins are mapped here. You can check the port number where each pinn is mapped in the TWR-K40 schematic, in this case SPI0_SCK is mapped to port B15 and SPI1_SCK to B7.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edson,

you dont need special settings to see SPI clock. I was able to see this signal in oscilloscope, you can use the side expansion port connectors in the external side of TWR-ELEVATOR, many pins are mapped here. You can check the port number where each pinn is mapped in the TWR-K40 schematic, in this case SPI0_SCK is mapped to port B15 and SPI1_SCK to B7.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

0 Kudos
edsonsanchez
Contributor I

Thanks Carlos! I can see the clock signal. Any idea how I can change the pin mapping? Also, do you know which part of the code I should modify to get a different set of data out of the MOSI pin?

Edson

0 Kudos