cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert problem

Jump to solution
dporada
Contributor III

Anyone know what would cause the following error and how to fix it?  I have been using processor expert for the project and I got the following error.

Program "-E" not found in PATH

I'm guessing it is some compiler option that was set incorrectly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, you are sharing a workspace with different Eclipse versions/distributions?

That explains all the strange things.

This is even mentioned in the release notes if I remember right.

I even use different workspaces for each Eclipse project I'm using, otherwise this simply will cause a lot of troubles, sooner or later.

So keep things separate, as they are *really* separate.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you post the console log output produced by the compiler/linker/etc?

You might hit a path length limitation maybe? Is your project deep down in folder on your machine?

Erich

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

I don't speak console, but here you go.

Riley: Jul 31, 2014 7:33:57 AM Code generation started.

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.assembler.1700018757 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.c.compiler.1598999141 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.cpp.compiler.802474063 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.c.linker.1643551057 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.cpp.linker.294979340 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.archiver.1130067132 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.createflash.1176190290 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.createlisting.1748522091 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.printsize.673521371 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Riley: Code generation time was 44775 ms.

Riley: project was successfully generated.

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.assembler.1700018757 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.c.compiler.1598999141 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.cpp.compiler.802474063 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.c.linker.1643551057 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.cpp.linker.294979340 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.archiver.1130067132 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.createflash.1176190290 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.createlisting.1748522091 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

Tool ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.tool.printsize.673521371 has not accessible superClass for Build-Settings-Reader

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh! I do not speak *that* console language too. I have never seen that kind of output. It seems that the GNU ARM Eclipse plugins have a problem or are not properly installed.

Looks like panic messages from the plugin.

What host are you using (Windows?, Linux?).

And it looks like this is from the Processor Expert console. I'm interested in the CDT Global Build Console:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Windows 7.

All I can get is "Nothing to build for project Riley".

In Codewarrior, it seems that I could always force a build by using the Clean command.  This does not work on KDS.  How can I force a rebuild?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hmm, Clean should work in any case. But you can delete the output folder (usually named 'FLASH' in your project root).

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Can you decode this message?  This could be the problem.

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at Thu, Jul 31, 2014   10.29.36 AM.png

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, that sounds like the wrong or no tool chain. Have you created this project with KDS?

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Yes.  My first with KDS and MQXLITE.  I switched controllers midstream, could this have caused the problem?

P.S.  I'm good at breaking things.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

can you share your project,

or at least the

Properties > C/C++ > Settings

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

I was also wondering....

If you use the Solution Adviser and get the Pin Muxing results, is there a way to bring the results into your project?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, I'm aware of that long standing wish (to import the solution advisor data and settings into projects), but this does not exist (yet?).

0 Kudos
sbm_afc
Contributor II

I am also having similar problems related to Processor Expert

None of the projects that I try to build will build successfully, they all say "Nothing to Build"

What is the right way to troubleshoot this problem?

error1.png

Thanks,

--AC

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

your screenshot indicates that this is *not* Kinetis Design Studio you are using? This is a screenshot of the Processor Expert Driver Suite v10.4, and not KDS. And then it makes sense that you do have nothing to build: The Driver Suite does not come with a tool chain, but interacts with tools like IAR or Keil (or your choice of GNU tools). So if you want to build inside the tool, then I suggest that you use KDS?

Below is what you should see from KDS V1.1.0 about box:

KDS v1.1.0 about box.png

Erich

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Do you want the project zipped, or a snapshot of the settings?  Right now, the "Tool Settings" are empty.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The project zipped would be fine.

Maybe something bad happened during project creation or afterwards. Does it happen if you create a new project again?

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Well, this is the second time it happened.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I had a look at this project.

I read that you say above that you have created this project with KDS. But entries in it let me believe that this is a CodeWarrior for MCU project (originally, maybe?).

Or have you opened/modified it with CodeWarrior, or converted it otherwise.

What I see is that the toolchain configuration in it is brocken. This happens for example if a project is using incompatible or orphaned/old tool chains.

So at this stage this is my best guess what happened.

Riley error parsers.png

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

Well, I have re-created the problem, and you are correct.  This happens when I open CodeWarrior.  I use the same workspace, so the project opens automatically when CodeWarrior is launched.  Even though I get a warning about updating the settings for processor expert and cancel, the change still happens.  When I re-open KDS, I get the Program "-E" error.

I guess I need to have separate work spaces to get around this problem.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, you are sharing a workspace with different Eclipse versions/distributions?

That explains all the strange things.

This is even mentioned in the release notes if I remember right.

I even use different workspaces for each Eclipse project I'm using, otherwise this simply will cause a lot of troubles, sooner or later.

So keep things separate, as they are *really* separate.

Erich

0 Kudos
dporada
Contributor III

My projects are in different folders, but in the same workspace.

Release notes???  Who reads those? 

I may have missed that one.

Don

0 Kudos