How do I generate code for low-level SPI driver by PE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate code for low-level SPI driver by PE?

simon123
Contributor I

I am using CodeWarrior, and processor MCU56F82746 and a serial EEPROM. I read that PE generate a generic I2C software driver, but I don't know how.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

catalindemergia
Contributor IV

Hello,

I didn't use Processor Expert for I2C code generation, I used it for DDR, but assuming you have a project for your

processor with the settings you want defined in some graphical form, in order to generate code you should select

Project > Generate Processor Expert Code from the Eclipse IDE menubar. The generated code will be placed in

the Generated_Code folder and you can use it in your application.

You can find a lot of information about ProcessorExpert at this location

Freescale Technical Information Center

regards,

Catalin

0 Kudos

simon123
Contributor I

Thank you,

I will try with Eclipse, it is something new.

regards

Simon

0 Kudos

simon123
Contributor I

Hello,

I still need help, didn't Work with Eclipse and I want it to be implemented in CW.

The EEPROM_SPI_25xxx is picked up, but there is no methods or events under the Interface Definition, and the programming language is checked on ANSIC. Is that correct?

0 Kudos

ankur_vcns_apps
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Simon,

You can make a new project using CW and select Processor Expert in the creation phase. Once created you will see the Processor expert attached in your project. In the components library you can use the Init module for either SPI or I2C or for any other peripheral. Thereby the corresponding settings can be done in the component inspector window of the respective module. For more information on how to use PE, you can browse through multiple videos on www.youtube.com/freescale (processor expert - YouTube).

Please mark the answer as correct or helpful if it helps.

0 Kudos

simon123
Contributor I

Thanks,

I think, something is wrong with the codewarrior I use. I can't make a PE project standing alone, it just accept for enabling PE for existing C project. I am new here actually, and trying to find out more CW and PE during my project, if I ask stupid quastions :smileyhappy:.  By the way, Can you make a PE project standing alone in CW?

0 Kudos

catalindemergia
Contributor IV

Hi,

What CodeWarrior version are using ?

You have to use CodeWarrior for MCU.

0 Kudos

simon123
Contributor I

I use Codewarrior Development Studio vr. 10.6

0 Kudos