Where is DMAMUX selector in DMA_LDD component?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is DMAMUX selector in DMA_LDD component?

Jump to solution
jackblather
Senior Contributor I

I'm trying to set up DMA for SPI on the Vybrid.

So far, I have added the DMATransfer_LDD component. PEx automatically named this "DMAT1". I configured this to use with trigger source DMA_SPI2_Receive.

PEx automatically added the DMA_LDD component. I renamed it "DMA_0".

PEx automatically chose DMA channel "DMA0_Channel0" for component DMA_0. However, this caused the DMAT1 component to report the error, "No DMAMUX1 channel configured in DMA_0 component. Add DMAMUX1 channel in DMA_0 component."

The problem is that there is no way to select the DMAMUX channel in the DMA_0 component.

There is nothing about DMA channel and DMAMUX channel restrictions in the Vybrid Reference Manual. Chapter 22 (DMAMUX)  in the Vybrid Reference manual mentions nothing about it. Tables 8-2 and 8-3 mention nothing about this, either.

The same error appears for DMA0_Channels 0 through 15. The error goes away if I chose any of the DMA0_Channels 16 through 31.

There is nothing about DMA channel and DMAMUX channel restrictions in the Vybrid Reference Manual. Chapter 22 (DMAMUX)  in the Vybrid Reference manual mentions nothing about it. Tables 8-2 and 8-3 mention nothing about this, either.

What are the rules for selecting DMA0 channels in the DMA_LDD component when used with the DMATransfer_LDD?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michalvagner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SPI2 receive could be connected to the DMA1 (through MUX2) or to the DMA0 (through MUX1), see Table 8-2 in the RM.

Request from MUX2 can be mapped to any of the first 16 DMA1 channels and from MUX1 to any of the upper 16 DMA0 channels, see Figure 8-5.

Similarly, request from MUX3 can be mapped to any of the upper 16 DMA1 channels and from MUX0 to any of the first 16 DMA0 channels.

To use SPI2 receive trigger:

Go to the DMA component and select any channel from DMA1_Channel0 through DMA1_Channel15 if DMA1 device is used.

Or, use any channel from DMA0_Channel16 through DMA0_Channel31 if DMA0 device is used in the DMA_LDD,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michalvagner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SPI2 receive could be connected to the DMA1 (through MUX2) or to the DMA0 (through MUX1), see Table 8-2 in the RM.

Request from MUX2 can be mapped to any of the first 16 DMA1 channels and from MUX1 to any of the upper 16 DMA0 channels, see Figure 8-5.

Similarly, request from MUX3 can be mapped to any of the upper 16 DMA1 channels and from MUX0 to any of the first 16 DMA0 channels.

To use SPI2 receive trigger:

Go to the DMA component and select any channel from DMA1_Channel0 through DMA1_Channel15 if DMA1 device is used.

Or, use any channel from DMA0_Channel16 through DMA0_Channel31 if DMA0 device is used in the DMA_LDD,

0 Kudos
jackblather
Senior Contributor I

I see how it works now. The use of "first" and "upper" term are ambiguous. The terms that should have been used are "first"/"last" or "lower"/"upper".

When "first"/"upper" are used, it seems these two terms are referring to the same DMA channels because the term "upper" could be taken to mean *top* DMA channels in the diagram graphic.

Instead, the intention was that "upper" means the higher-numbered channels when it looks like it could mean the *lower-numbered* channels in the graphic. The lower-numbered channels in the diagram are in the *upper* part of the DMA0/DMA1 blocks. This is where the confusion came from.

Another alternative is to label these terms in the diagram itself.

Thanks for the example you gave. It cleared things up.

0 Kudos