AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where is DMAMUX selector in DMA_LDD component?

Question asked by Jack Blather on Jul 28, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 by Jack Blather

I'm trying to set up DMA for SPI on the Vybrid.

So far, I have added the DMATransfer_LDD component. PEx automatically named this "DMAT1". I configured this to use with trigger source DMA_SPI2_Receive.

PEx automatically added the DMA_LDD component. I renamed it "DMA_0".

PEx automatically chose DMA channel "DMA0_Channel0" for component DMA_0. However, this caused the DMAT1 component to report the error, "No DMAMUX1 channel configured in DMA_0 component. Add DMAMUX1 channel in DMA_0 component."

The problem is that there is no way to select the DMAMUX channel in the DMA_0 component.

There is nothing about DMA channel and DMAMUX channel restrictions in the Vybrid Reference Manual. Chapter 22 (DMAMUX)  in the Vybrid Reference manual mentions nothing about it. Tables 8-2 and 8-3 mention nothing about this, either.

The same error appears for DMA0_Channels 0 through 15. The error goes away if I chose any of the DMA0_Channels 16 through 31.

There is nothing about DMA channel and DMAMUX channel restrictions in the Vybrid Reference Manual. Chapter 22 (DMAMUX)  in the Vybrid Reference manual mentions nothing about it. Tables 8-2 and 8-3 mention nothing about this, either.

What are the rules for selecting DMA0 channels in the DMA_LDD component when used with the DMATransfer_LDD?

Thanks in Advance.

Outcomes