cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 Manufacturer Tools Windows 8

MarkRoy
Contributor III

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anybody was able to get the Manufacturers tools to work with Windows 8?

I've got the FreeScale IMX53 Bulk I/O driver installed and working in Windows 8 (by working I mean I can see the device correctly listed in the Device Manager), but when I launch the Mfgtools app (version 1.6.2.0322) it will not start.  I end up having to kill the process in Task Manager.

If I start the Mfgtools without connecting the IMX53, then the program launches.  When I go to Options -> Configuration and select the USB Ports tab, the program immediately crashes and Windows kills the program.   Likewise, if I start Mfgtools and then connect the IMX53 the program either crashes or does not identify the newly plugged in device.

I read somewhere that there may be a problem with MFGTools and USB3 ports, so I went into the bios and disabled USB3 support for my ports, but this does not seem to fix the problem.

Please advise on how I can use the Mfgtools in Windows 8.    If it does not work I will have to go dig out a WinXP computer where it works correctly, but this is less than convenient especially since WinXP is no longer supported by Microsoft so most of our machines have been replaced with newer Windows 7 or 8 machines.

Thanks,

Mark Roy

Labels (1)
4 Replies

justin_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe you can try run the winxp with a virtual machine.

MarkRoy
Contributor III

That might work assuming that the drivers will play nicely with the virtual machine, but the harder issue is that I do not have a Windows XP key and you cannot buy a license for XP anymore.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try to run the MFG Tool in Windows 8 under the XP Mode?, Because I believe the drivers would not be an issue since they have support for 64 bits.

0 Kudos

compmas2
Contributor V

I tried to get the 1.6.2.0055 version of the MfgTool to work on Windows 8.  I could not get the IMX53 Bulk I/O driver to install, but I could open the MfgTool application.  I get the following error when trying to install the driver provided with the MfgTool:

Windows8 i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device.jpg

Any idea on how to get the driver to work so at least the serial USB protocol could be used even if the MfgTool doesn't work in Windows 8?  If the updated MfgTool referenced in the first post (version 1.6.2.0322) has an updated driver that works, where can someone obtain this version?

0 Kudos