Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS_DSP - error: No valid CPU defined

Jump to solution
navyareddy
Contributor II

Hi,

while implementing CMSIS DSP library fir filtering function (arm_fir_example_f32.c) i'm stuck with No valid CPU defined error.

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
#error "No valid CPU defined!"fsl_uart_features.h/firfilter/SDK/platform/hal/uartline 505C/C++ Problem
macro names must be identifiersfirfilterline 0C/C++ Problem
#error "No valid CPU defined"firfilterline 279, external location: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.0.0-Beta\platform\hal\sim\fsl_sim_features.hC/C++ Problem
make: *** [Static_Code/System/PE_low_level_init.o] Error 1firfilterC/C++ Problem

I have defined the CPUs in the C compiler preprocessor. But I can still see that error when I build my project 13435_13435.jpgCapture1121.JPG.jpg

can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

with regards,

Navya.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
navyareddy
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

I terminated this project and started a new one then when I tried to build the new project it didn't showed any error. Don't know why it happened, now I don't have this issue.

Thanks for your time.

with regards,

navya.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have yo set that option for the full project and not just for a file or folder? I suggest you check the output of the Console view and verify the compiler options used.

0 Kudos
navyareddy
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

yeah, I did set that for the complete project and not just for a file or a folder.

should I need to change any of my settings following your tutorial using the ARM CMSIS Library.

Tutorial: Using the ARM CMSIS Library | MCU on Eclipse

my console window shows this message. It doesn't include CMSIS/DSP_Lib folder. Should I try including that. Can you please tell where the problem lies.

12:43:02 **** Build of configuration Debug for project firfilter1 ****

make all

'Building file: C:/Freescale/KDS_1.0.1/eclipse/ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/pdd2/MK64FN1M0LL12_4SDK/system/sdk/PE_low_level_init.c'

'Invoking: Cross ARM C Compiler'

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -g3 -D"CPU_MK64FN1M0VLL12" -D"ARM_MATH_CM4" -D“CPU_MK64FN1M0VMD12”

-I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/hal/port" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/hal/sim" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/CMSIS/Include/device" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/CMSIS/Include/device/MK64F12" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/utilities" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/utilities/src" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/pit" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/pit/src" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/hal/pit" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/clock" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/clock/src" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/hal/mcg" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/interrupt" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/interrupt/src" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/startup" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/startup/MK64F12" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/startup/MK64F12/gcc" -I"C:/Users/navya sundar/workspace.kds/firfilter1/Sources" -I"C:/Users/navya sundar/workspace.kds/firfilter1/Generated_Code" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/hal/uart" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/uart" -I"C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.0.0-Beta/platform/drivers/uart/src"

-I"C:\Freescale\KDS_1.0.1\eclipse\ProcessorExpert/lib/Kinetis/pdd2/MK64FN1M0LL12_4SDK/system/sdk" -std=c99 -MMD -MP -MF"Static_Code/System/PE_low_level_init.d" -MT"Static_Code/System/PE_low_level_init.d" -c -o "Static_Code/System/PE_low_level_init.o"

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you post your full Console log information? I do not see the linker being called.

Erich

0 Kudos
navyareddy
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

I terminated this project and started a new one then when I tried to build the new project it didn't showed any error. Don't know why it happened, now I don't have this issue.

Thanks for your time.

with regards,

navya.

0 Kudos