Hi all, I want to use I.MX6 to develop a recorder device. Custom need that recorded video overlaying character for example time or name. Could i.MX6 support that function? Further more, can it support on Android system? Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all, I want to use I.MX6 to develop a recorder device. Custom need that recorded video overlaying character for example time or name. Could i.MX6 support that function? Further more, can it support on Android system? Thanks!

xp
Contributor I

Hi all,

I want to use I.MX6 to develop a recorder device. Custom need that recorded video overlaying character for example time or name. Could i.MX6 support that function? Further more, can it support on Android system?

Thanks!

Br.

xp

0 Kudos
4 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi peng,

VPU in i.mx6 doesn't support "video overlaying character" , the better solution for your requirment is to use "character generator" which is also called OSD to overlay on video stream. You can get many materials on OSD from internet.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

xp
Contributor I

Thanks your information! I remember i.mx5 series supports overlaying character while camera recording. Do you mean the only i.mx6 does not support it. Could you leave your phone number or QQ?

br.

Peng Xi

0 Kudos

marcomadrigal
Contributor III
0 Kudos

xp
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you! But I need SOC can real-time overlaying character on camera stream and then encoding video stream into MP4 file by hardware(GPU or IPU).

Br.

Xi Peng

0 Kudos