How to find the flavour of your kernel ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the flavour of your kernel ?

Jump to solution
sarathchandra
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am using Yocto SDK1.4 for my QorIQ processor.

When I am giving "uname -a" it is throwing like "Linux p1023 3.8.13-rt9-QorIQ-SDK-1.4 #3 SMP ${date} ppc GNU/LINUX".

Here does the "QorIQ-SDK-1.4" is the flavour ?

else kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarath

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sarath,

The label "QorIQ-SDK-1.4" is Freescale Linux SDK flavour, actually in SDK it is called local version, you could find it is recorded in the file .scmversion in the Kernel source folder after configured by Yocto.

If you wan to modify this OS release version information, you could modify Kernel recipe, please edit the following code in Kernel recipe meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq-sdk.inc.

#add git revision to the local version
if [ "${SCMVERSION}" = "y" ]; then
       # append sdk version if SDK_VERSION is defined
       sdkversion=''
       if [ -n "${SDK_VERSION}" ]; then
           sdkversion="-${SDK_VERSION}"
       fi
       head=`git rev-parse --verify --short HEAD 2> /dev/null`
       printf "%s%s%s" $sdkversion +g $head > ${S}/.scmversion
fi

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sarathchandra
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Wang.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sarath,

The label "QorIQ-SDK-1.4" is Freescale Linux SDK flavour, actually in SDK it is called local version, you could find it is recorded in the file .scmversion in the Kernel source folder after configured by Yocto.

If you wan to modify this OS release version information, you could modify Kernel recipe, please edit the following code in Kernel recipe meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-qoriq-sdk.inc.

#add git revision to the local version
if [ "${SCMVERSION}" = "y" ]; then
       # append sdk version if SDK_VERSION is defined
       sdkversion=''
       if [ -n "${SDK_VERSION}" ]; then
           sdkversion="-${SDK_VERSION}"
       fi
       head=`git rev-parse --verify --short HEAD 2> /dev/null`
       printf "%s%s%s" $sdkversion +g $head > ${S}/.scmversion
fi

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos