MFS "Hot device uninstall"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFS "Hot device uninstall"

njk909
Contributor II

I read the release notes, and see the known issue about it, and am using the example code as my starting point for my MFS application.  I have it working such that if a file is open when the usb device is detached, it will close the file first, and then uninstall the file system.

The problem I'm having is if an active write or flush is occurring when the detach event happens, it gets stuck in an infinite loop waiting to uninstall the file system because it never seems to return from the write function to get to the point where I can close the file.  Is there a way to forcefully close an open file that was being written to when a detach occurred?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately you need to make sure that every time the file gets closed by software, this means the Hot uninstall it is not able to flush the cache and write or keep the information. So all the information can be lost.  We already have this as known issue but we do not have a date when should be fix.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos