Flash programming automation for Coldfire M52233 with USB-TAP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming automation for Coldfire M52233 with USB-TAP?

nasowasauch
Contributor I
Hello,

how can I automate the programming of the built in flash of the Coldfire M52233? I would like to use the USB TAP hardware for ISP in the production line. The programming files were made with the CodeWarrior Development Studio. I don't care about which software language and method is used. As long as I get this task controlled with LabView or C++.

Your help is much appreciated because I have not found any hint in the documentation / help files / forums / Google.

Thanks a lot!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Petter
Contributor II
What kind of  USB JTAG programmer do you have? What kind of input files does it accept? SVF? Do you have other devices in your JTAG chain?
0 Kudos

nasowasauch
Contributor I
I'm using the freescale Codewarrior USB TAP BDM device. There are no other devices in the JTAG chain.

BUT this is not the point. I need to program the M52233 incircuit for serial production. How can I achieve that? There are two possibilities:
1. I use the USB TAP with some kind of remote software or
2. I use a third party equipment to do that. Do you have some recomendations?

Best regards
0 Kudos

Petter
Contributor II

I'm using the freescale Codewarrior USB TAP BDM device. There are no other devices in the JTAG chain.
I'm assuming this is the P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc. USB Multilink.

1. I use the USB TAP with some kind of remote software or

I don't think P&E has published the programming interface for this programmer. I think batch programming is available only for the more expensive models like the Cyclone MAX.

2. I use a third party equipment to do that. Do you have some recomendations?
I'm currently developing my own solution. It's using the EzPort. But it requires that the EzPort is available as a connector. I want to use JTAG for testing the board so I was hoping that there was a way to toggle the EzPort pins into the core from JTAG. But I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do that. I can of course connect a JTAG buffer or some other low cost part to the EzPort pins, but this will add cost (if you have spare/share pins on a JTAG device already in your design you can of course use that)

If somebody has any information on how to program the FLASH or control the EzPort from JTAG I would be very happy.
0 Kudos