AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX28, i.MX50, i.MX51, i.MX53 WCE 6 and WCE 7 USB BSP Issues

Question asked by markwilliams on Jul 8, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 by markwilliams

Hi,

This issue affects anyone using one of the above platforms and using USB.

I have noticed that in the Windows CE 6.0 BSP for the i.MX28 there is a clone of the Microsoft USB driver code at:

C:\WINCE600 Default\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\COMMON_FSL_V2_PDK1_9\MS\

This is the same code used in the Compact 7 BSP for the i.MX50, i.MX51 and i.MX53 at:

C:\WINCE700\platform\common\src\soc\COMMON_FSL_V3\MS\

The problem is that Microsoft has released a number of updates since this driver code was cloned from the original source which have therefore not been applied. Some of these updates are really important to fix memory stick issues (which we are having) and have made some significant changes to the original code.

FIX: An update that fixes several issues with USB functionality in Windows Embedded CE 6.0 is available

FIX: A "Data Abort" exception may occur when a USB storage device is attached to and then immediately detached from a Wi…

I need to understand why the BSP includes a clone of the Microsoft driver - what platform-specific changes are required?

I really need to use the latest Microsoft code and also apply the memory stick bug fixes listed here:

Discover the Windows Embedded Experience: Windows Embedded CE: USB memory stick fix

Can anyone help and let me know if I need to use the Freescale cloned driver source or if I can revert to the Microsoft code that is regularly updated?

Kind regards, Mark

Outcomes