cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tutorial4_es20 freezed after about 46 hours

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I perform following commands on Freescale SabreSD evaluation board with L3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_images_MX6.tar.gz

$ cd /opt/viv_samples/vdk

$ tutorial4_es20&

After about 46 hours, the rolling ball is freezed, but debug console is still workable, so I kill the process,

and perform tutorial4_es20& again, the screen turns black only, no rolling ball shows up.

Does anyone can tell me what is happened and how to avoid this phenomenon ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi charles

this may be caused by memory management problems in 3.0.35 kernel

(memory leak), it is not solved in this kernel.

Recommend going to 3.10.17 if it is possible.

Long running vpu task with memory leak bug on imx6

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vikaspatil
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I am also seeing the same issue of "freezing" application window on the target's display with 3.10.17_1.0.2.

I tried "09_VIV_direct_texture" and it freezes after approximately 7 hour of running. However platform is responsive and can again launch the same application if I restart the xserver.

Do you have any information/update/fix about this issue? Where can I find more information on this issue? Do you know why the xserver gets killed when I kill the application?

Regards,

Vikash

0 Kudos

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi chip,

I perform the same operation using L3.10.17 (created from Yocto), but the problem is still exist

(the display is frozen) after 34 hours.

How can i take the next step ?

Best regards

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi charles

Please post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with similar

problem could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi chip,

Using Yocto 3.10.31_1.1.0_beta to test tutorial4_es20 again, the rolling ball is still frozen after 94 hours,

how can I do ?

Best regards

0 Kudos

jim_lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Charles,

as we discussed last time in the meeting, please don't use rolling ball(tutorial4_es20) for the test, there is something wrong in this application, the frozen is expected.

Please use "gear" for the long-run test.

Jim Lin.

0 Kudos

charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jim,

Got it.

I am very appreciated if you can give me some code snippet about this known bug, or anything mentioned this bug.

Best regards

0 Kudos