Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted display with Vivante EGL in Kernel 3.10.17-1.0.0 i.MX6

Jump to solution
alfonsotames
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using Yocto 1.6 (Daisy) with a Wandboard Quad, bitbaking with DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11 waylaid"  in my local.conf file in order to use the eglfs display and use the EGL vivante drivers. Neither the Vivante samples or Qt5 applications with -platform eglfs are working. The display gets corrupted (both HDMI and LCD) just like the attached image. I am also  attaching the eglinfo-fb output just in case.

Is EGL not supported anymore for i.MX6 platforms?

Thanks,

Alfonso

Original Attachment has been moved to: eglinfo.txt.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alfonsotames
Contributor II

OK. I finally found what's happening. Basically, if you boot a wandboard 3.10.17 kernel (from an FB Yocto Daisy image without X11 or Wayland) and start an EGL application, it will be distorted since the bit depth is set by default to 24 bits. It is impossible to set correcty the video mode using fbset after running an EGL program. In order to set the video mode correctly, fbset must be run to set the bit depth to 32bits BEFORE running any EGL application like any of the Vivante samples or Qt5 apps with the eglfs platform.

This situation has been very confusing and I guess it is not affecting X11 images since X11 setups the FB correctly before anything runs.

It seems the bit depth in the DTS must be set to 32 bits in order to setup the Framebuffer correctly at boot time.

See the Original Post

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maxmar
Contributor III

Hi Alfonso,

I have the same problem. Have You managed to find a solution ?

0 Kudos
alfonsotames
Contributor II

No Massimiliano, unfortunately not :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
alfonsotames
Contributor II

OK. I finally found what's happening. Basically, if you boot a wandboard 3.10.17 kernel (from an FB Yocto Daisy image without X11 or Wayland) and start an EGL application, it will be distorted since the bit depth is set by default to 24 bits. It is impossible to set correcty the video mode using fbset after running an EGL program. In order to set the video mode correctly, fbset must be run to set the bit depth to 32bits BEFORE running any EGL application like any of the Vivante samples or Qt5 apps with the eglfs platform.

This situation has been very confusing and I guess it is not affecting X11 images since X11 setups the FB correctly before anything runs.

It seems the bit depth in the DTS must be set to 32 bits in order to setup the Framebuffer correctly at boot time.

See the Original Post

0 Kudos