13192-SARD - Can you teach me about Beacon Tree Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13192-SARD - Can you teach me about Beacon Tree Mode

insider
Contributor II
Hi, Spell. I'm andershen. Currently, I'm dealing with 13192-SARD boards. I plan to form a tree network using MAC codebase example project, MyStarNetwork. In BeeKit, it only provides coordinator and end device example. How do we create a router?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
andershen

--
Alban Edit: FSL Part Number in Subject line + split/moved to appropriate location.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-03 09:11 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

Spell
Contributor I

This is my source code for a ZigBee router based on MC13192-SARD board, take a look on it and tell me if you have problems...:smileywink:

regards, Filippo

zrcustomapp2_sard.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 11:39 AM
0 Kudos

insider
Contributor II
Hi, thanks for your source code. But I do not know how the router, routes the received data without the App_TransmitData. Do you mind telling me how you route the data?

Anyway, are you still doing this zigbee? I'm planning to implement tree routing, but the freescale experts, they said it is very hard to do. What do you think?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
I think....it's very very hard to do:smileyhappy:

What do you mean for 'route the data'?maybe when the router receive a packet and than forward it to another device?
However this function is implemented in the lower layer of the zigbee stack.

For use the complete zigbee potentia l suggest to you to use the Beestack codebase, but unfortunately this codebase doesn't still implement tree routing:smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:

regards, Filippo
0 Kudos

insider
Contributor II
    Hi. I have flashed your source code into the 13192-SARD board. But it cannot associate with the coordinator.

In the hyperterminal window, it shows that:

Press any switch on board to start running the application.
Sending the MLME-Scan Request message to the MAC...Done
Scan did not find a suitable coordinator

So, am I missing something? Do I need to make any changes in the coordinator's project?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I

Sorry but I don't remember... try to flash the coordinator project too:smileywink:

zpancustomapp2_13213.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 11:38 AM
0 Kudos

insider
Contributor II
    Thanks. I can get the router to associate with the coordinator. But unfortunately I cant get the end device to associate with the router, can you send me your end device project as well?

Anyway, in hyperterminal window for router, it display some weird characters. Why does that happen?

Thanks.

Best Wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I

insider wrote:

Anyway, in hyperterminal window for router, it display some weird characters. Why does that happen?

Sometimes it happens me too, I think is a problem of hyperterminal. Try to use hyperaccess...

zedcustomapp2_13213.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-09-22 11:37 AM
0 Kudos

insider
Contributor II
    Hi, Spell. I have flash the end device program into my board. But in Mapp.c file, there is no #include "application.h", so I added it in. Still I cant get the end device to associate with the router. Am I missing something? By the way, you gave me the program is for 13213, is it suitable for 13192-SARD board?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I

insider wrote:
    Hi, Spell. I have flash the end device program into my board. But in Mapp.c file, there is no #include "application.h", so I added it in. Still I cant get the end device to associate with the router. Am I missing something?

Try to read this thread:
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=8BITCOMM&thread.id=7203

0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
             can u suggest me how to set the capability info array bits? the stack is sayin that its an array, but declares it as a normal variable.plz help

regards
soumya
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
hi soumya,
what do you intend for capability info?
However array bit mean that this field is a byte where every bit contain a different information, for example in MAC capability array if bit 1 is set the device is a router...
Code:
/* MAC capability sub fields  Bit 0: Alternative PAN Coordinator Capabilty  Bit 1: RouterOrEndDevice, 1:Router, 0: EndDevice  Bit 2: PowerSource, 1: Mains POwered, 0: Battery Operated  Bit 3: RxOnWhenIdle  Bit 4: Reserved  Bit 5: Reserved  Bit 6: MAC Security Capability  Bit 7: Allocate Address  */typedef uint8_t macCapabilityInfo_t;

0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
and another thing is that, where to set is?
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I
Sorry but I haven't understand what you are asking to me...:smileysurprised:
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
   sorry for my foolish question. actually i am misunderstanding the capability info.but now resolved it and co-ordiantor is now sensing the router and the enddevice clearly
regards
soumya
0 Kudos

insider
Contributor II
Hi, soumya. Are you doing the router for BeeStack or MAC codebase? Are you doing it in beacon or non-beacon-mode?

Thanks.

best wishes,
andershen
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi andershen,
i am trying it with a non-beacon mode and i am using mac.
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
             thnx for ur reply. i want to do it as i am implementing static routing. actually i found capability info in my stack. can i pass it as an array? my changes for router are similar to you. that means i am in the right path.
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
             i am implementing static routing in non-beacon mode. i partially succeeded to implement a tree structure there. but now i am facing a problem when routing the data.in my case router1 is associated with coordinator and it is working fine. now when i am associating router2 with router1, the association confirmation msg from router1, also recieved by coordinator. after that the coordinator is stop responding to any mlme or mcps msg. i thought that rx get off so i put a function there called "rxonwhenidle" which i got from your router code but it didnt work. even the short address of the coordinator are fixed.plz help me to get out from this matter.lookin for ur reply.....................................:smileyvery-happy:
0 Kudos

Spell
Contributor I

soumya wrote:
now when i am associating router2 with router1, the association confirmation msg from router1, also recieved by coordinator. after that the coordinator is stop responding to any mlme or mcps msg. i thought that rx get off so i put a function there called "rxonwhenidle" which i got from your router code but it didnt work. even the short address of the coordinator are fixed.plz help me to get out from this matter.lookin for ur reply.....................................:smileyvery-happy:

Hi,
first thing: router2  recieve the association confirm msg from coordinator or from first router?
second: when you send messages from router2 or 1 to coordinator which kind of address do you use? try to use a broadcast address and look which device responde....

regards, Filippo
0 Kudos

soumya
Contributor I
hi fillipo,
             router2 gets it from router1. and the same msg is goin to coordinator. i m using the shortaddress to send msg.if r2 sends any msg, it sends to r1 and r1 is forwaring it to coordinator. this part is ok. as it is a static routing, r1 will send every msg to the short address it has as its destination address.if i reset the coordinator, it recivs msg frm r1 without any association as static routing is implemented.
0 Kudos