Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SDIO WiFi modules

Jump to solution
semihhazar
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying find a resource about using SDIO Wi-Fi modules in Linux, either with the mainline kernel or Freescale's old (2.6.35 I believe) kernel.

Is there an example for a board configuration? When I look at other platforms (such as OMAP2) I can see that mmc devices are configured in board files with the driver name (such as wl12xx). But I couldn't figure out how the wireless driver would hook up with the MMC controller in imx28.

Thanks in advance,

Semih

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
semihhazar
Contributor II

Well here's how it works if somebody is also puzzled like me:

You don't need something special in the DTS or board config file to hook a certain SDIO device with a driver. Once the MMC system is up it does a scan on the bus and creates a device with the correct id and then kernel tries to match this device with an appropriate driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
semihhazar
Contributor II

Well here's how it works if somebody is also puzzled like me:

You don't need something special in the DTS or board config file to hook a certain SDIO device with a driver. Once the MMC system is up it does a scan on the bus and creates a device with the correct id and then kernel tries to match this device with an appropriate driver.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Semih

please look at ConnectCard W-i.MX28 module (Includes Wi-Fi® Access Point mode + Wi-Fi Direct)

http://www.digi.com/pdf/pb_connectcardimx28.pdf

Documentation for ConnectCard for i.MX28 - Digi International

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos