cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C_LDD clock problem

gianlucap_
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using KL05 micro and I've a problem with setting of "Internal frequency" on I2C_LDD.

I've 2 clock path:

-CLOCK_CONFIG0: MCGIRCLK =20Mhz, bus 10Mhz FEI

-CLOCK_CONFIG1: MCGIRCLK =2Mhz, bus 667khz BLPI

On my code I need to use I2C in both configuration.

When I try to set init. value on "Timing dialog window" I can't choose a valid value because one value could be right for one clock and wrong for the other.

This is the message

"Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 0 - it is impossible to set the following items: initialization value"

or

"Timing setting failed in Clock configuration 1 - it is impossible to set the following items: initialization value"

My question is, is it possible to use I2C with both config?

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am afraid that the dividers of these two configuration do not allow to have a common frequency for the I2C module to work with. You can work with the FEE mode and use a external crystal or external reference clock which allows you to use the dividers to set a common frequency for the I2C module to work with both configurations.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos