AnsweredAssumed Answered

wandboard IMX6q with “GL_OES_vertex_array_object” extension?

Question asked by Thomas Seifert on Jul 1, 2014

I’m using a Freescale wandboard IMX6 quad. And I want use the “GL_OES_vertex_array_object” extension.
I cannot see this extension if I print all the available extensions with glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS);.

But I can build my code with :

PFNGLGENVERTEXARRAYSOESPROC glGenVertexArraysOES;

PFNGLBINDVERTEXARRAYOESPROC glBindVertexArrayOES;

PFNGLDELETEVERTEXARRAYSOESPROC glDeleteVertexArraysOES;

glGenVertexArraysOES = (PFNGLGENVERTEXARRAYSOESPROC)eglGetProcAddress ( "glGenVertexArraysOES" );

glBindVertexArrayOES = (PFNGLBINDVERTEXARRAYOESPROC)eglGetProcAddress ( "glBindVertexArrayOES" );

glDeleteVertexArraysOES = (PFNGLDELETEVERTEXARRAYSOESPROC)eglGetProcAddress ( "glDeleteVertexArraysOES" );

So EGL does know the extension but in the description  of eglGetProcAddress I read that I have to look for the extension on runtime with glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); as well and there it is missing.

I’m building an OpenGL ES 2.0 app on top of a Linux distribution build with Yocto 1.6 (kernel 3.10.17-1.0.0) with ”gpu-viv-bin-mx6q” as CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL+ in the Bitbake recipe.

During execution of “glGenVertexArraysOES” I got Segmentation fault. My opinion is that this happened because of the missing “GL_OES_vertex_array_object” extension (where this function above are included).

My question is now: Is there a way (new driver for Yocto?) to get this extension? Can somebody help me with this extension?

best regards

Thomas Seifert

Lead Software Engineer

Visteon

Outcomes