cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Code generator failure

Jump to solution
smiller
Contributor I

I am trying to build a simple ADC project (after epic fail on large design) for an MK64FN1M0VLQ12, but KDS is not able to generate the code. I am receiving a "Generator: FAILURE: Unexpected status of script: Drivers\Kinetis\ADC_NO_FIFO.drv, please contact Freescale support." message. The only components are the pin settings and the 2 ADC modules.

I have attached a zip of the project.

Original Attachment has been moved to: new2.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the problem is that you are using a component (ADC) from the set of High-level components that are not compatible with SDK library.

The High level components cannot be combined in one project with components using Kinetis SDK (starting with fsl_).

So if you select to use SDK in the project creation wizard, you need to use only fsl_... component and vice versa if you don't use SDK you cannot use fsl_ ones.

Unfortunately, there is a defect in the beta release that the Components library view shows the high level components even in SDK project which is not correct.

This will be fixed for next release. A workaround is to use a proper type of component for the particular type of project (SDK/non-SDK).

It has been already mentioned in Re: KDS - Processor Expert for PWMs

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the problem is that you are using a component (ADC) from the set of High-level components that are not compatible with SDK library.

The High level components cannot be combined in one project with components using Kinetis SDK (starting with fsl_).

So if you select to use SDK in the project creation wizard, you need to use only fsl_... component and vice versa if you don't use SDK you cannot use fsl_ ones.

Unfortunately, there is a defect in the beta release that the Components library view shows the high level components even in SDK project which is not correct.

This will be fixed for next release. A workaround is to use a proper type of component for the particular type of project (SDK/non-SDK).

It has been already mentioned in Re: KDS - Processor Expert for PWMs

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos