Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login username and password failure

Jump to solution
sanojkumar
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have been playing around with imx6q-SabreSD board for sometimes. I have compiled the source code with yocto for fsl-image-gui, I am able to flash and boot the kernel. However I am not able to login into the system. After wandering few websites and forums i did not find any default username and password for login (Someone says login:root & pass:<blank>). It  seems nothing is working here for me.

I have connected the HDMI with the board. Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with login. Or Can anyone tell me the correct login and Password?

I had compiled the source code with following command.

# bitbake fsl-image-gui

Thanks,

Sanoj Kumar

Labels (1)
1 Solution
lijun
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanoj Kumar

Did you do the right configure ?

Yocto Training - HOME

be attention to conf/local.conf, key word "MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'". if everything is correct, the username and password should be root.

then if you still can not login you should paste your bootargs and your boot log.

good luck!

John

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lijun
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanoj Kumar

Did you do the right configure ?

Yocto Training - HOME

be attention to conf/local.conf, key word "MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabresd'". if everything is correct, the username and password should be root.

then if you still can not login you should paste your bootargs and your boot log.

good luck!

John

vivsundar
Contributor III

Hi lijun,

I am not able to view the link in your comment: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-94849

Should I get special privileges to access this document? 

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The username and the password both should be root. Have you tried this?

0 Kudos
sanojkumar
Contributor II

Yes Gusarambula I did try root/root as username/password but still did not help me out .

0 Kudos