how to learn hcs08 from scratch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to learn hcs08 from scratch

andresfelipecas
Contributor II

how can somebody start to learn hcs08 freescale microcontrollers from scratch? I have been looking for books about it and found nothing. the only thing I learn was through my teacher at university, and I need to learn more

Labels (1)
6 Replies

JohnMcCosh
Contributor II

Hi There,

Take a look at this book:

HCS08 Unleashed  Fabio Pereira ISBN: 1-4196-8592-9

This will give you information about the HCS08 peripherals and CodeWarrior Classic.

0 Kudos

ankur_kala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can browse through multiple videos on the same at freescale - YouTube

You can also check for a DWF event in an area close to you. Check freescale.com for enrolling in an event.

0 Kudos

andresfelipecas
Contributor II

hi

I live in Medellin, Colombia, so it is not easy to me to go to a DWF event which are usually hold in United States or Brazil. the information on youtube is not as deep as I want. Isn´t there other resource, like a book or special webpage?

0 Kudos

ankur_kala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Freescale Semiconductor-- found many training materials present on the link, you just have to log in with very basic information

Also check the thread -- HCS08 Unleashed

0 Kudos

andresfelipecas
Contributor II

Thanks,

I will try it.

I have programmed freescale and microchip microcontroller, but I like the freescale microcontroller performance. Do you know  why freescale don’t have to much tutorial´s books or videos like microchip?. On that aspect I prefer pic microcontrollers.

Thanks for your help

ankur_kala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Once you go to the product page, you will find extensive documentation associated with each controller. the documentation includes Reference manual, App Notes as well as design documents of any application associated with the device. Community is one such initiative from freescale where there would be multiple blogs. Just keep posting any of your questions and keep following. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos