AnsweredAssumed Answered

Debugger doesn't work after code location changed

Question asked by PETER SHIH on Jun 26, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 by PETER SHIH

Hi:

I have developed my application based on the K60 MCU (MK60FN1M0VLQ15) with MQX 4.1 on a custom board. All BSP, libraries, application have been developed well and all peripherals on a custom board are running OK. I am ready to modify linker file to offset the code location in order to work with bootloader. I modified the "vectorrom (RX): ORIGIN = 0x00010000", "cfmprotrom (R): ORIGIN = 0x00010400" and "rom (RX): ORIGIN = 0x00010420" and compiled successfully. However, after I download the image through debugger. The debugger doesn't point to the right start address in RAM, and cannot run with debugger. I have verified the code are loaded at 0x10000 right address.

I worked with a similar project by using MCF52259 with MQX 3.8. The debugger was able to download my mcf52259 application at right ROM address and ready to run at the right RAM address. Please refer to the enclosed picture for detail.

I do have "#define MQX_ROM_VECTORS 0" set in the BSP "user_config.h". I don't know what I missed. Please advise me if you have any recommendation. Thanks!

Peter

Cannot run the new project using K60 with debugger.jpg

Old project using MCF52259 with debugger.jpg

Outcomes