We have selected i.MX6 quad processor in our design. we need to finalize the regulators and i need to know the current requirements of each section

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have selected i.MX6 quad processor in our design. we need to finalize the regulators and i need to know the current requirements of each section

muralikrishna
Contributor I

We have selected i.MX6 Quad proceesor in our design.  We need to finalize the Regulators (Step down regulators) for supplying the different voltages to the different blocks to the processor.

Eg:

Current required for  a) NVCC_CSI  b) NVCC_EIM   c) NVCC_ENET d) NVCC_GPIO.

I am referrring the Hardware Development guide for I.MX6 Quad families of Application processor. But in that guide they have combined the current ratings of different blocks.

Kindly refer the suitable document for identifying the current ratings.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, we still do not have specific tools or recommendations to calculate

power consumption for separate internal modules or supply rail of the i.MX6.

Except the app note, linked below, i.MX6 Datasheets contain sections "Maximum Supply

Currents" and "Low Power Mode Supply Currents". In particular, table

"Maximum Supply Currents" provides formula to estimate consumption per pin basis.

Also, You may refer to the next sections in the Datasheet(s) :

- USB PHY Current Consumption ;

- SATA Typical Power Consumption ;

- PCIe 2.0 Maximum Power Consumption ;

- HDMI Maximum Power Consumption .

AN4509 "i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Power Consumption Measurement"

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4509.pdf

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos