CodeWarrior v6.3, application size to big - MCF51MM V1 Coldfire Tower Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior v6.3, application size to big - MCF51MM V1 Coldfire Tower Kit

taras
Contributor I

I've purchased a MCF51MM V1 Coldfire Tower Kit a year ago, and the software provided was the CodeWarrior v6.3 evaluation.  I've been happily using it for a couple of months, and have been able to run all the demo labs (including the ones that used the USB stack). Recently, it stopped running any Demos, even the simple labs (Led blink) and my projects. It instead keeps giving me that the application size exceeds the capability of the Software. Why would it give me that error now and not before?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shaun.

you should use special edition license or your evaluation license is expired now. you could post the license here so we can know it clear.

anyway, the problem is that your project code size is more than the license allowed. you need update your license.

you can purchase license from here:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=CW_SUITES&tid=CWH

or you can apply an evaluation license. note: one customer can only apply evaluation license for twice at the most.

====================================================

this answer is for you , if it helps, please click on "correct answer" button. thanks!

Best Regards,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos

yibbidy
Contributor V

Perhaps you could check if the code size is greater than 64kB, which is the maximum that you can use once the evaluation period has expired and it's dropped back to the SE license.  Weird how even the Led blink demo fails, that should be tiny.

0 Kudos