Debugger halts in startup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger halts in startup

skyguy
Contributor III

I'm porting an application from classic Codewarrior to the Eclipse 10.5 version.  I've very carefully compared the settings between the two and they seem identical.  I can successfully compile and link, and can load the program into the target hardware with the P&E USB Multilink where it will run from flash as expected.  I can't get the Codewarrior debugger to run.  My compile/debug configuration is set up to run from flash, and when I start a debug session it appears to load to flash and attempts to start.  It executes the first instruction in the startcf.c program then halts on the next (lea __SP_AFTER_RESET,a7;). with this message:  Thread [ID: 0x0] (Suspended: Signal 'Exception 12' received. Description: Exception vector name: Address Error.)

All the info I've found on this suggests the memory is configured wrong (maybe, but it looks just like the old version, and this configuration does run in flash in the new version), the stack is too small (shouldn't be, but I increased it anyway and it didn't make a difference), or there is some conflict with optimization (optimization is turned off).

What am I missing or what else could be going on?

Thanks,

Rick

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

skyguy
Contributor III

Forgot to mention, the target processor is Coldfire MCF52223.

0 Kudos

takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

One simple test you could try running is creating a new CW10.5 project for your chip and see if you are able to program and run the debugger on the default clean project. If this works, then you could compare and contrast its settings with your imported project. It is best to compare against a known working project in the new environment. If the settings look good then you can start looking into your code and possibly moving sections of code at a time instead of importing the whole project over. Divide and conquer method.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos