What are the proper steps to initialize and use I2C using the InternalI2C component?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the proper steps to initialize and use I2C using the InternalI2C component?

tomii
Contributor III

I've been having no luck getting I2C to work with my FRDM-KE02Z board..  I'm using the KDS 1.0.1 IDE and attempting to use the built-in component library, but I am obviously doing something wrong.  I've enabled the devices and chose the appropriate slave, but every time I try to read/write data, I get an error (ERR_DISABLED)...  It would seem that maybe I'm not correctly enabling turning the I2C hardware.  a code snippet is below, "Accelerometer" is an "InternalI2C" component.

Accelerometer_Init();

error = Accelerometer_Enable();            //    enable the accelerometer

printf("Err:%3d \r\n", error);

error = Accelerometer_SelectSlave(0x1D);    //    accelerometer address is 0x1D

error = Accelerometer_SendChar(0x40);        //    reset the accelerometer

//  while( 1 )

//  {

error = Accelerometer_SendChar(0x00);                    //    Send start address

error = Accelerometer_RecvBlock(AData, 7, &bytes);    //    read back 7 bytes

error = Accelerometer_RecvChar(&bytes);

status = AData[0];

//      xG = (AData[1]<<8) + AData[2];

//      yG = (AData[3]<<8) + AData[4];

//      zG = (AData[5]<<8) + AData[6];

xG = AData[1];

yG = AData[3];

zG = AData[5];

printf("Err:%3d BytesRX:%3d Status:%3d X:%6d Y:%6d Z:%6d\r\n", error, bytes, status, xG, yG, zG);

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies